"I'll even go as far as to say he OUTSHINED our world champion"
I don't agree i think Sheamus would of won if Show never interfered.
rating was low not cause the show suck and it do suck it cuz monday night football
Dude, you...are...a....boss!! I completely agree with you. And you are not overeacting. Its not the fault that theres football, no Cena, and its not fault that its PG either. WWE in 2008 was actuallt really great and it was PG. I miss where I would actually be entertained by matches and not space out about what I would do to make the product better. I just DVR Raw and usually skip matches/promos I have no interest in.
Raw definetly needs to progress and gain character development (by the way good analogy with John Cena as a band aid). They also need to use Smackdown to their advantage. I miss Smackdown when it was co-equal to Raw. I miss the Brand Warfare they had and had individual unique characteristics about them. Now whether its Smackdown or Raw, by the time I get to the main event, I am tired and could care less.
WWE should not be tiring to watch, it should be entertaining to watch.
Well done, I appluad your thoughts. Seriously, WWE should hire you. And keep it up with the videos and blogs. I am actually thinking of not even watching Raw this week and see how I feel, although I am kind of like you on being a wrestling purist. Again well done
The reason why the rating are down is as simple as this:
1. True wrestling fans watch TNA and WWE. So, the number of people who are wrestling fanatics are around 1 million and you will see this number go down because we are getting tired of the PG stuff, the same stuff over and over again, the squash matches (that last worked when Lesnar came in the first time), and less wrestling (more talking).
2. School has started up again and since RAW went to three hours the TV is turned on from 8 to 10 and the kids go to bed after 10. No longer is the TV on from 10 to 11. The numbers also come from the parents who turn on the TV and leave the room so the kids can watch wrestling. The parents know it is a PG show...so it is okay. No longer the late summer nights.
3. Monday Night Football
4. No more polarizing characters. Who is left? Cena is for the kids and no one else. We die hard fans no longer have the (in no order) The Hardys, Edge and Christian, Benoit (before the murder/suicide), Dudleys, The Rock, Stone Cold, Jericho (1st run when he was the best heel ever), Eddie, The original DX, Angle (WWE version), Undertaker (when he was healthy), Mankind, Shane McMahon, Lita, Trish, and Steve Blackman. This is just to name a few. We loved them or hated them. Now, we do not care. That is the problem. We do not care.
5. We were shit on with the Punk MITB (2011). It has left a bad taste in our mouths that has not gone away (I was a fan of Punk until the MITB PPV when he won and came back two weeks later). We (the wrestling universe) screwed (it should be called the MITB screwjob) when Punk dropped his pipebomb, said what he said, won at MITB, came back two weeks later, and nothing changed for the better. Does VKM think we are morons.
6. No one gives a crap about Twitter, Tout, Myspace or whatever. We want to watch wrestling.
7. Videos pulled on youtube. I think there is a direct connection between this.
8. Economy is in the toilet and cable is too f'n expensive.
9. Linda running for Senate.
10. HHH married Steph. You do not mix work with pleasure.
The only way to fix this (I hope the trend continues) is to stop watching RAW and Smackdown and just turn on the TV for TNA (nobody said you had to watch it if you hate it). Let the ratings work. I would love to see TNA rating numbers go up and WWE's go down. This is the only way things will get better.
Wrestling isn't everything ... Ha! That's why I watch Tna
I like reading your blogs, you analyse pretty well and the breakdown of each segment is interesting to read. Keep up the good work
Btw Your video is far too long for me to watch.
I missed this blog last week. Keep up the good work, both with the writing and videos.
© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.