Reflection of WWE's Problem of the last 2 Years
by, 09-23-2011 at 12:17 PM (2291 Views)
Ok, I like a lot of you, have found A TON of problems with the WWE nowadays. I've been sitting and thinking about what I could do as a fan, if I had total control for about 2 years. Let me know what you think....
1. Cena turns heel: It needs to happen. He's become Hogan-ish, nobody wants him as face right now because it's gotten stale and oh so predictable. His deal is only believable to kids and the WWE demographic is mostly teens and guys in their 20's like me. I wouldn't have him betray his whole never back down thing, that would ruin it when he turned face again, what I'd do for him is do like heel Austin in 01 and just turn the voltage WAY up and have him beating everybody's ass with weapons, crippling guys and attacking announcers. I think that it would spark an interest in him again and would make it even sweeter when he turned face again.
2. Unify the WWE and World titles: In my opinion, there doesn't need to be 2. And the World title is more of a WCW thing and should be retired. Do like in 02 and have one champion and it opens up for a lot of new matches and challengers. Plus I'd do away with that GOD AWFUL WWE title belt. It was fine for the rapper Cena thing but that was 6 years ago. Time for some eagles and a big world in the center again.
3. Change the Tag and Divas Title Belts: Let's face it, they look like shit.
4. Reactivate the Cruiserweight Division: It was exciting and it gave the smaller guys like Even Bourne something to do.
5. Bolster and Enhance the Tag and Women's Division: Sign Hero and Castonogli, resign Bejamin and Haas and try to get Beer Money for a start. And go find some CREDIBLE women wrestlers.
6. Send some talents to FCW for a refresher course: Kelly Kelly, Morrison, Sin Cara, The Bellas, Eve, and Del Rio off the top of my head. These are the main ones that need to either improve their ring skills, or get some promo classes from Dusty Rhodes.
7. Rock-Cena Match at Wrestlemania is CANCELED: Nobody will buy it. Currently Cena can't lose a match and Wrestlmania is in the heart of Rock country. My theory is have Cena and Punk at Mania for PUNK'S WWE title and Rock vs........................UNDERTAKER!! Undertaker will probably have only ONE MORE MATCH and to have a big match feel for his last match and someone that could follow HHH and HBK would be the Rock. And it would give it that element of uncertainty because it is the Rock's hometown and Taker is getting old. Plus it would give Attitude Era fans like me one last grasp at old favorable memories.
8. Reduce the Number of PPV's and Ditch the Gimmick ones: 1 every other month. The Rumble, then start the build to Mania and then figure the rest out but the big 4 stay. The Rumble, Mania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series.
9. Smackdown LIVE on Fridays: All the talent can do live TV and I don't like to dubbed in heat or pops that happen from taped Smackdown.
10. Brand Extension OVER: It has run it's course. It would give more mix match matches and would give a lot of guys more TV time.
11. Keep Guys like Miz and Truth in the Mid-Card Longer: They've just gone back to tagging and the Miz shouldn't have been champion that early. I think they were desperate for a heel champion and he was their only option.
12. McMahon is OFF TV for GOOD: It's time
13. Test the Waters with HHH as a Heel Boss: He could pull off a new Corporation gimmick and put Cena as the sell out centerpiece and Nash as the enforcer as a start and see how fans take it.
14. Change Jack Swagger's Character: He has Angle-ish skills but he's just too goofy. I think that if you make him a tad more intimidating then he could be champion in the long run.
So far that's all I got for now, if I think of more I'll make a part 2. For now, let me know what you think.