Blog Wars: KOTR Edition: Top 3 PPV's of 2011 2
by, 12-12-2011 at 08:15 PM (4224 Views)
This is the second quarter-final match in the tournament. Same topic as all of the other QF matches so lets see the competitors. We have the first Blog Wars Champion Dr. Death taking on newcomer Callum.
Top 3 PPVs of 2011
Same rules as before, any PPV this year qualifies and they can pick their own criteria.
On this edition of Blog Wars, we'll be looking at the Top 3 PPV's in 2011. 2011 has had it's ups and downs as far as PPV's go with only a select few to rise above the hype or even match it. While there is more available for these top spots, I believe the 3 I'm going with are a cut above the rest. So let's start.
3. New Japan Pro Wrestling - (NJPW) - Japan Cup 2011 Finals:
This was an excellent show and as usual New Japan stepped up to the plate when it came time for a PPV. Even the usual forgettable undercard matches were interesting, the midcard was rock solid, and the finals of the tournament were excellent. Just to back up this claim
I'd like to point out the rankings for each match:
* Jushin Liger/Tiger Mask IV/KUSHIDA vs. Jado/Gedo/Killer Rabbit - 2.5 stars
* Koji Kanemoto/Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoaki Honma/Tama Tonga - 2.5 stars
* Bad Intentions (Giant Bernard/Karl Anderson) vs. Iron Hades (Takashi Iizuka/Tomohiro Ishii) - 3.5 stars
* Yuji Nagata vs. Toru Yano - ( New Japan Cup 2011 Semi-Finals) - 3 stars
* Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Togi Makabe - ( New Japan Cup 2011 Semi-Finals) - 3.5 stars
* Hiroyoshi Tenzan/Wataru Inoue/King Fale vs. Masato Tanaka/Tetsuya Naito/Yujiro Takahashi - 3 stars
* Apollo 55 (Prince Devitt/Ryusuke Taguchi) (c) vs. TAKA Michinoku/Taichi - ( IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title) - 4 stars
* Satoshi Kojima/MVP vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Hirooki Goto - 3 stars
* Yuji Nagata vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - (New Japan Cup 2011 Finals) - 4 stars
All in all this PPV rated a 9 out of 10 thus earning the number 3 spot.
2. ROH Best in the World iPPV 2011:
ROH delivers yet again on iPPV as they usually do, booking several incredible matches. Although the first couple matches were a little bit in need of some help, by the mid-card and main event matches, ROH had you by the seat, biting at the nails as it was non-stop state of the art wrestling from everyone involved. This show absolutely delivered on it's promise to show you some of the best in the world. You didn't want to miss this iPPV. Matches and ratings are as follows:
* Tommaso Ciampa vs. Colt Cabana - 2.25 stars
* Jay Lethal vs. Mike Bennett - 2.75 stars
* Homicide vs. Rhino - (No Holds Barred Barrio Street Fight) - 3.75 stars
* Michael Elgin vs. Steve Corino - 2.5 stars
* Christopher Daniels (c) vs. El Generico - (ROH TV Title) - 4.25 stars
* Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin/Charlie Haas) (c) vs. Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero/Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe/Mark Briscoe) vs. All Night Express (Kenny King/Rhett Titus) - (ROH Tag Team Title Elimination) - 4 stars
* Eddie Edwards (c) vs. Davey Richards - (ROH World Title) - 4.75 stars
All in all this iPPV rated a 9.25 out of 10 thus sneaking in to the number 2 spot on the list.
1. WWE Money in the Bank 2011:
CM Punk lit the wrestling world on fire with several worked shoot promos on RAW, everyone and their mother with any interest in wrestling had suddenly perked up. MITB sold out the Allstate Arena, in Chicago, Illinois with an attendance of 12,000 fans that packed the arena in the hopes of either seeing Punk win, leave with the WWE title and Cena get fired, or John Cena win and Punk get screwed over by Triple H as special referee. The matches on the card and their ratings are as follows:
* Daniel Bryan vs. Kane vs. Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Wade Barrett vs. Sin Cara vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Heath Slater - (Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match) - 4.5 stars
* Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Brie Bella - (WWE Divas Title) - 2 stars
* Big Show vs. Mark Henry - 2.25 stars
* Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio vs. The Miz vs. R-Truth vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne - (RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match) - 3.75 stars
* Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian - (World Heavyweight Title) - 4 stars
* John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk - (WWE Title) - 5 stars
All in all this PPV rated a 9.5 out of 10 thus taking the #1 spot on the list.
I'd also like to point out that TNA's Destination X PPV was a runner up in 4th place, it just missed the cut for this list. As far as the 3 on the list, there are definitely some Matches on them that are worthy of "Match Of The Year".
This is my first time on blog wars and i'll probably lose but anyway onto my list.
All credit goes to JJCool77p for the videos.
3. Survior Series
I've always been a fan of the survivor series matches so it was a shame there was only one of them but atleast Team Barrett won but it was bad booking that everyone eliminated on Team Barrett was pinned by Orton. Ziggler/Morrison and Del Rio/Punk were great and I thought overall it was a solid pay per view.
Great pay per view! There was not a bad match on the card. Punk/Cena 2 (Whilst not as good as the first it was still a great match), Christian/Orton and Bryan/Barrett were the highlights although Christian Should of won. The 6 man tag match was a great start to the show but i would of prefered R-Truth to get the win. If you consider the pay per view it had to follow it couldn't of been better.
1. Money In The Bank
Easily the best, the two Money in the bank ladder matches were amazing and the winners were a great choice.
Henry/Show was a good match considering their size, Christian/Orton was great but I'd of prefered it if Christian won cleanly. Cena/Punk was fantastic a great match with lots of great spots, probably match of the year (If not it'll be Taker/HHH)
That's it for my List, Thanks for reading.
This concludes the 2nd QF match for Blog Wars. We still have two more so keep voting.