I like to think of myself as a relatively positive and optimistic contributor to these threads, but I have to express some frustrations with this Survivor Series build-up. Last night's Raw was borderline offensive. By completely ignoring everything they have done for the previous weeks, the WWE pretty much told the audience, "Meh, we think youre dumb, easy to manipulate, and you'll buy this PPV no matter what."
The two biggest storylines that were created (or continued) last week were Team Punk vs Team Foley, and a continuation of the Cena/AJ/Ziggler story.
So where did we stand as of last week (Post 10/29 RAW)?:
- We have a traditional Survivior Series match
- Punk's title reign is safe to extend past another PPV
- Ryback can still get his hands on Punk and get a clean pin
- Foley and Punk have good chemistry on the mic
- Cena is out of the main event, fully engrossed in the AJ story
- Ziggler vs Cena is taking shape, which makes sense because
They are both involved in a storyline
A program with Cena is awesome for Dolph's character as he approaches a WHC run
Fast forward a week, where do we stand (Post 11/5 RAW)?
- We have a traditional Survivor Series match that has NO, ZERO, ZIP relevancy. The single reason it was created in the first place was because PUNK and FOLEY didn't see eye to eye. You take Punk out of the equation, there is no damn equation!
- Punk's title reign is in jeopardy and will need another tainted ending for him to retain.
No Foley. Not even an appearance or a pre-cut promo. That's okay though, he's only the leader of a Survivor Series team, at Survivor Series.
- Cena is back in the main event, even though his entire character is fully involved with the AJ affair storyline
- Ziggler and Cena is no longer happening. Ziggler doesn't get his singles match at a Major PPV against Cena.
I am pleased to see he's leading a team, but again, he wasn't the one with a beef with Foley (unless you rewind nearly a year back to their pre-Rumble altercation).
In the end, this all just feels lazy and uninspired. I'm sure the triple-threat will be entertaining, but it still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks for reading guys. Putting it into writing helped me truly grasp how effed up things went from week to week, of course - in my humble opinion.