Dave Bautista's MMA debut went as planned for the most part. Facing Vince Lucero, a 40 fight MMA veteran who took the fight on a weeks notice, Bautista was able to pick up the victory at four minutes and five seconds via TKO. If you're interested, you can click here to view a video of his fight. View it quickly though as it'll likely be pulled soon. The fight started rough for the former WWE superstar as he ate a bunch of punches immediately after the bell rang, but he was able to clinch up and survive. After settling in a bit, Bautista scored a takedown where he easily achieved mount and back mount, which is where he forced the stoppage as he rained down unanswered punches.
After the fight, Bautista admitted that he was nervous once he stepped into the cage saying, "The nerves got the best of me early and he hits like a f*cking horse." When asked if we would see him compete again, Bautista stated, "I definitely want to fight again. I'm better than what I showed tonight."
Full Results from CES MMA: Real Pain Main Card
* Dave Bautista def. Vince Lucero via TKO in the first-round
* Chandler Holderness def. Todd Chattelle via TKO in the first-round
* David Loiseau def. Chris McNally via TKO in the first-round
* John Howard def. Brett Chism via TKO in the second-round
* Mike Campbell def. Gemiyale Adkins via unanimous decision
* Calvin Kattar def. Saul Almeida via unanimous decision
* Luis Felix def. Marc Stevens via unanimous decision