-- Adam Pearce posted the following today, discussing Thursday's TNA Gutcheck…
Thursday is a big day for me.
Not just professionally, but personally as well. After spending more than half my life involved in professional wrestling I stand on the doorstep of what could be - what should be - the next chapter in my wrestling life. And the door has been left open a crack.
I have the greatest job in the world, but I won't lie: It's hard. Being a full-time world-traveling independent professional wrestler in 2013 is an incredible accomplishment, if I can say so without sounding pompous. But it is also a constant, seemingly never-ending, hustle. And because I burn the candle at both ends handling everything else "in house" (acting as my own agent, manager, travel coordinator, and merchandiser - not to mention the actual performing part), it would be very easy to burn out. And I have at times in the last two decades.
But not now. Not when we're standing on the precipice and the door is cracked open.
I have always been one to wait and see. And whether it's good or bad (and I'm sure it's both), I am picky. I have passed several times on opportunities that a lot of my peers would have jumped at. If you know the stories, then you know what I'm talking about. But something about this time - this opportunity - is different. This time just feels...right.
If you enjoyed seeing me on @ImpactWrestling and would like that to happen more often, then I've never needed you more than I do NOW. The support I received during and following my @SpikeTV appearance astounded me, and none of you knew ahead of time. I cannot begin to thank you all enough for how that made me and my family feel. This time we all have the benefit of knowing what's at stake and whether we have any "power" in the @TNAGutCheck process is immaterial.
We all have a voice and NOW is the time to use it. I feel like I've done the best I can with what opportunity I've been given so far at TNA. I feel like I kicked the door wide open, and I would be honored to have the chance to walk through it. Walk with me.
This Thursday, Impact Wrestling airs LIVE from Corpus Christi, Texas on SpikeTV. If I am fortunate to be able to state my case before the GutCheck judges they will hear my voice. If you please, let them all hear yours between now and then.
-- -ROH's Tuesday roll out this week is Briscoe Brothers: Sandy Fork Originals. Here is the DVD listing…
1. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Takashi Sugiura (GHC Tag Team Title Match) The Second Navigation 2008 3/2/08
2. The Briscoes & Austin Aries vs. Jimmy Jacobs, Tyler Black, & The Necro Butcher (No DQ Match)… Northern Navigation 7/25/08
3. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Ruckus & Jigsaw...Death Before Dishonor VI 8/2/08
4. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. LAX (Homicide & Hernandez)… Ring of Homicide 2 10/25/08
5. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima… Final Battle 2008 12/27/08
6. Jay Briscoe vs. Roderick Strong… Tag Title Classic 4/18/09
7. Jay Briscoe vs. Jerry Lynn (World Title Match)… Validation 5/9/09
8. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico…ROH on HDNet #25
9. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Young Bucks… The Final Countdown Tour: Dayton 9/18/09
10. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The American Wolves (World Tag Team Title Match)… Final Battle 2009 12/19/09
11. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Young Bucks (World Tag Team Title Match)...ROH on HDNet Episode 48
12. Closing minutes of Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli…The Big Bang 4/3/10
13. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express…Supercard of Honor V 5/8/10
14. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Kings of Wrestling (World Tag Title Match No DQ Match)… Death Before Dishonor VIII 6/19/10
15. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The American Wolves… The Bluegrass Brawl 7/22/10
16. The Briscoes (Jay, Mark, and Papa Mike) vs. The Kings of Wrestling & Shane Hagadorn… Final Battle 2010 12/18/10
17. Closing few minutes and post match of Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The All-Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)…Manhattan Mayhem IV 3/19/11
18. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly…Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 1 4/1/11
19. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Rhett Titus & Kenny King)… Honor Takes Center Stage – Chapter 2 4/2/11
20. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Chicago Street Fight)… Supercard of Honor VI 5/21/11
21. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express (Ladder War III)...Death Before Dishonor IX 9//17/11
22. Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. The Young Bucks...Glory By Honor X 11/19/11
You can order the DVD at this link.