In an article for ESPN, Ohm Youngmisuk wrote about the MetLife Stadium's preparation for next year's Super Bowl after hosting WrestleMania 29 last Sunday. Super Bowl XLVII, which was won by the Baltimore Ravens, featured a blackout due to a power surge that had several referencing The Undertaker's entrance.
The article has quotes from WWE and MetLife employees, as well as the following facts:
* 4,000 pieces of pyrotechnics and 1,000 gallons of propane were used for WrestleMania.
* WWE used eight times the amount of electricity normally used for a football game.
* They (WWE) brought their own generators to supply 4 millions watts of power.
* Eighty-five percent of the show was run off of their generator.
* WrestleMania AXXESS saw close to 30,000 fans in attendance.
* WrestleMania week is predicted to have a $500 million economic impact for the NY/NJ region.
* It took a 28 person crew two weeks to build the WrestleMania set.
John Cena said: "After seeing how we transformed this place to look nothing like a football stadium on game day, you guys are just fine for the Super Bowl. If you could accommodate what we've done out there, [MetLife] will be just fine."
The article also includes quotes from head WWE producer Kevin Dunn.