WWE is currently looking for a general manager for their new Performance Center in Winter Park, Florida. The facility opens next month and WWE developmental will move there full time.
The job listing reads: "The General Manager will be based in Orlando, FL and will oversee our new state-of-the-art WWE Performance Center which consists of 75+ Superstars and 8-10 full time WWE employees. At WWE, Talent are our most valuable resource–the heart and soul of our business–without which we would not be the global entertainment juggernaut that we have become today. Opening this summer, the WWE state-of-the-art Performance Center will serve as the new home to WWE's talent development system. With 26,000 square-feet, seven training rings, a world-class strength and conditioning program and cutting-edge edit and production facilities, the new Performance Center will give WWE the ability to train more potential performers than ever before through a comprehensive program including in-ring training, physical preparedness and character development. This position will report to the SVP, Talent Relations and Development."
Here are all the requirements for the job, via the job listing:
Strategic Performance Planning:
- "Develop and ensure the execution of staff reviews and evaluation plans for all aspects of the WWE Performance Center."
- "Supervise the development and manage the day-to-day process of WWE's Talent Review System that will be implemented in late 2013. The overall review process will entail working with senior leaders from Stamford and the WWE Performance Center on the execution of this bi-annual program focused on accelerating the development of our Orlando-based Superstars."
- "In partnership with the Talent Relations and Development team, deploy a range of Talent Relations Professional Development programs for Talent including, but not limited to, money management, media training and wellness education."
- "Interact with Developmental Talent on WWE business initiatives including on-boarding new talent relocating to the Orlando area, CSR programs in Central Florida, personnel issues, etc."
- "Work with WWE executives to enhance and manage our relationship with Full Sail University and other relationships in the Central Florida region."
- "Work with Marketing team (CMO,SVP Marketing & Communications, etc.) to proactively identify ongoing public relations and CSR opportunities, and also provide any necessary support to Sales team on securing sponsors."
Performance Center Supervision and Utilization:: "This role will be the liaison between the employees/contractors based in our Performance Center and all other corporate functions (Talent Relations, Talent Development, Facilities, IT, HR, etc.). Examples of the areas that this person will be responsible for are:
- Implement policy changes to improve operational efficiency
- On site management/support of visitors (WWE or external)"