Source: The Wrestling Observer
Matthew Bloom, who previously wrestled as Prince Albert, Albert and A-Train for WWE, denied on Twitter on Saturday that he has signed a contract to return to the promotion after WrestleMania XXVIII as he will be appearing for New Japan Pro Wrestling on their next tour. He also said that he does not know how the rumor got started, calling it "comical." Regarding the rumor, four WWE sources have said within the past week that he is returning to the organization, with one saying it has been assumed for two months that is was happening. Furthermore, numerous WWE performers were talking about his pending return at Friday's live event in Montreal, Ontario, Canada after being informed by management of the news.
A source close to creative says he is set for "a big push" upon his return to WWE programming in April as a villainous henchman for RAW Interim General Manager and Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis. There has also been talk of Bloom feuding with John Cena since the RAW Superstar does not have a post-WrestleMania XXVIII program in place at the moment. However, the Cena storyline appears to be a no-go as of this writing. As noted, current plans have him returning alongside John Laurinaitis.
Bloom, who will turn 40 years old in November, previously competed for WWE from 1999 to 2004 as a mid-card wrestler. He tore his rotator cuff in June 2004 and was released from his contract before returning from the injury. He would go on to achieve greater success in Japan as Giant Bernard in a tag team partnership with Karl Anderson.