Scott Steiner found himself officially served with his TNA lawsuit today. He has until July 19th to respond to the suit.
NashvilleCityPaper.com reported last month that TNA had taken legal action against former TNA wrestler Scott Steiner. This is following months of twitter rants against TNA, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and others associated with the company. TNA filed a "verified complaint" in Nashville Chancery Court on Monday seeking an injunction to prevent more disparaging remarks from Steiner. The company claims that Steiner breached a contract he signed in 2010 that says Steiner is "forbidden from making public statements, including tweeting, concerning TNA or any of its officials, wrestlers, or other individuals without prior approval."
TNA has not filed an order for injunction after requesting injunctive relief in the matter, and due to that, a court hearing has not been scheduled. Part of TNA's statement reads as follows…
"In blatant disregard of the parties' Agreement, Steiner has engaged in a concerted effort to disparage TNA, its wrestlers, and other talent and cast them in a negative light."
Further notes on the TNA lawsuit against Scott Steiner are below:
* For Scott Steiner's appearances, TNA paid him $2000 for events, $2500 for PPV, plus royalties to be paid 90 days later.
* TNA claims that Steiner violated the terms of that contract and is currently in breach for his online postings against the company. The company claimed that they contacted Steiner on May 10th of this year, asking him to cease the behavior but, "Steiner, however, has ignored TNA's demands and has continued to breach the agreement."
* TNA has also asked that they be allowed to recover their damages as well as court and attorney's fees. They further claim that the breach has caused the company "irreparable harm, which cannot be adequately measured by monetary relief."
* TNA is also seeking a temporary and permanent injunction from the court to prevent Steiner from continuing to speak out against them.
* Steiner has not responded to the court at this time.