​BREAKING UPDATES – Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC At UFC 200 – The Very Latest Details

66
0

UPDATE x 6: MMA reporter Ariel Helwani posted the following on Twitter, stating that he along with E. Casey Leydon and Esther Lin from MMAFighting.com, were removed from the arena at UFC 199. Helwani and MMAFighting.com, who broke the news of Brock Lesnar returning to the UFC at UFC 200, had their credentials taken and were told that they were “banned from UFC events for life”. UFC President Dana White and other UFC officials were said to have been “irate” that the news leaked out before Saturday night’s UFC 199 pay-per-view event. Dana White actually went on ESPN and denied the Brock Lesnar reports just hours before UFC 199 went live on pay-per-view. He said that Lesnar’s profile was added to their website due to building a data base of fighters, and “WWE lawyers contacted them about the issue”. White also said that Lesnar “was great for them, but left at the time and is doing great in WWE”. It seems that White was flat out lying to ESPN as the UFC tried to keep the news a secret so they could break it on their own pay-per-view. Anyways, here are Helwani’s tweets:

UPDATE x 5: Josh Barnett tweeted the following on Saturday night, saying that he wants to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 200…

UPDATE X 4: As reported last night here on eWrestlingNews.com, Brock Lesnar is returning to the UFC and will fight at the UFC 200 pay-per-view event. UFC.com and WWE.com have both confirmed the news. WWE.com posted the following, confirming that Brock Lesnar is still under contract with WWE and will be returning at the SummerSlam pay-per-view event:

Brock Lesnar remains under contract to WWE, however, he has been granted a one-off opportunity to compete at UFC 200. Following this milestone event on July 9, Brock will return to WWE for SummerSlam on Sunday, August 21, live on WWE Network.



As previously reported, Vince McMahon and WWE approved Brock Lesnar to fight at UFC 200. That’s huge news for a number of reasons. We’ll have more on this major breaking story as we get it. Stay tuned.

UPDATE X 3: The UFC announced at UFC 199, that Brock Lesnar WILL return at UFC 200, in a co-main event fight. His opponent is to be determined. Dave Meltzer reports that this is WWE approved, and that Mark Hunt is a possibility for Lesnar’s opponent.

UPDATE x 2: Dana White spoke with ESPN on Saturday night, and denied reports that Brock Lesnar is returning. He explained that Lesnar’s profile was added to their website due to building a data base of fighters, and WWE lawyers contacted them about the issue. White also said that Lesnar was great for them, but left at the time and is doing great in WWE.

UPDATE: Front Row Bryan has posted more on the story, noting that Lesnar held up Vince prior to WrestleMania and the UFC option was part of their compromise. Lesnar’s opponent is scheduled to be announced Monday on ESPN…

ORIGINAL: According to MMAFighting.com, multiple sources have stated that the UFC is in serious talks with former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar to have him fight at UFC 200 on July 9 in Las Vegas. Talks are reportedly going well, but there is no news on a possible opponent.


MMA reporter Front Row Bryan adds the following, noting that the news will announced tonight and that Lesnar had a UFC option built into his WWE contract…


Please read our community guidelines before posting a comment.