Bruno Sammartino recently spoke about his return to the WWE and more. Here are the highlights…
On his return to WWE: "After all these years, Triple H called me. I must say he came across very, very honestly, and straightforward. Triple H said that they have a very strict drug testing policy, lead by Dr. Maroon. Triple H said I want you to watch wrestling on Monday Night RAW and watch the changes about the nudity, vulgarity, and profanity" "I went back in because I liked what I heard about the drug testing, I liked how they cleaned it up as far as the nudity, vulgarity, and the profanity…everything that I've seen so far is really how he told me it would be."
On being critical of WWE in the past: "I had been very outspoken about some of the things that were bothering me…I didn't like the direction, as far as the nudity, vulgarity, and profanity like there was no tomorrow…I felt in my heart that they were very wrong, and I felt that going into the Hall of Fame would be hypocritical of me at the time and I just wouldn't do it."
On the wrestlers he enjoys: "I do watch it. I think guys like Cena work very hard. Guys like Brock Lesnar, Ziggler, Orton, and Sandow work hard and do a lot of great maneuvers, have good work rate, seem very conscientious about the business, and being the best they can be."
On making future appearances with WWE: "They asked me if I would be willing to make some appearances where requests come in from some particular shows in Chicago, Philadelphia, and Connecticut. With the Hall of Fame and WrestleMania coming up I will be spending a lot of time doing question and answer session and autograph sessions."