Vince McMahonVincent Kennedy McMahon
- Birthdate: 08/24/1945 (age 71)
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 248 Ib
Vince McMahon is credited with being the greate...
Just to recap for those who may have missed it last week with all the news - here are some notes on the current writing team structure in WWE:
* Stephanie McMahon is described as having a more minimized role.
* Brian "Road Dogg" James is now part of the creative team.
* Michael Hayes remains part of the creative process, but isn't in the office as much and takes part in conference calls during major meetings.
* David "Ranjin Singh" Kapoor's role has changed in that he delegates the work load to the writers after Vince McMahon makes any changes and works closely with TV, App and web people. This was described as more of a "show runner" position.
* Ed Koskey is now the lead writer for RAW.
* Of course, Vince McMahon makes the final decision and approves everything.
ORIGINAL: WWE head writer David Kreizman ended up extending his stay with the company until mid-August because his original direction built to SummerSlam and the company wanted him to stick around and see it through. Additionally, WWE wanted Kreizman to be involved with training his successor. There was said to be a general feeling in WWE that the new writer would have problems with the pressure in building towards a big event such as SummerSlam, whereas now he will be able to ease himself into the position and get comfortable from September through December before the next big event, WrestleMania, comes around.
Regarding creative changes, Stephanie McMahon's role is said to have been minimized, as she's now only involved when needed.
Brian James has been put into creative because the company wants a "wrestling guy" in on meetings now that Michael Hayes mainly communicates via telephone.
As far as the major television re-writes on Monday's and Tuesday's, David Kapoor (Ranjin Singh) was in charge of those, however his position too has changed recently. Kapoor now delegates the workload to the writers after Vince McMahon himself makes his changes. Kapoor also interacts with television people, the WWE App people and the WWE.com people to make sure they are aware of all late-changes.