"That is what it's really all about. I feel that is why wrestling fans are drawn to comic books, and comic book fans are drawn to wrestling.
"I think it's the same sense of black and white. You don't get that in real life. It's even more like wrestling when wrestling is done right. They did this storyline in WWE where Bret Hart was always the good guy, but the people started to turn on him. Bret thought he was doing all the white hat stuff but didn't understand why the fans weren't cheering for him.
"In Canada they would cheer him, but outside Canada they would boo him. They were tired of him being a good guy for whatever reason. What a true hero would do is walk off into the sunset, but he would complain about it. He had a very good point of view, but he did it in such a way that he was the villain.
"It is kind of like Magneto. His whole point is that his kind is going to be feared and treated like crap because they are mutants. He doesn't take the Charles Xavier way of trying to work within the system. Magneto takes it too far and takes it outside the system to become a sort of terrorist. When evil has a point of view that you can identify with, that's what makes it best.
"When there is shades of gray to it, but it's not so gray that you get confused. Wrestling when it's done best, there is nothing like it. Today wrestling has become too cookie-cutter. It's almost why I was able to step away from comic books when I did because they were getting too cookie-cutter and too much stuff out there. They are both morality play."
-- ROH tapes TV tomorrow at the Du Burns Arena in Baltimore, Maryland, with the following announced…
* ROH champion Kevin Steen will defend the belt
* Lance Storm vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis & Brutal Bob
* ROH TV Champion Roderick Strong with Truth Martini vs. Adam Cole
* ROH Champion Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino vs. ROH Tag Team Champions The All Night Express & Jay Lethal
* Tommaso Ciampa vs. Mike Sydal
* Kyle O'Reilly vs. Matt Taven
* Truth Martino vs. Christoff from local radio station 98 Rock in a dark segment for the live crowd