03/20/1959 (age 55)
Sting is best known for his tenure in World Cha...
Read More »
It was announced Thursday night on iMPACT
! Wrestling that stipulations have been added to Bully Ray
World Heavyweight Championship defense against Sting
at Slammiversary. The contest will take place under No Holds Barred Match rules, and should Sting lose, he can never challenge for the title again.
Five additional matches were announced for the pay-per-view event, which emanates live from Agganis Arena on the campus of Boston University on Sunday, June 2. The updated card is as follows:
* Bully Ray defends the TNA World Heavyweight Championship against Sting - billed as "Sting's Last Shot."
* AJ Styles will face Kurt Angle.
* In a Four Team Elimination Tag Team Championship Match, Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez defend the TNA World Tag Team Championship against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode, and "Cowboy" James Storm and a mystery partner.
* Devon defends the TNA Television Championship against Joseph Park.
* Kenny King defends the X Division Championship in an Ultimate X Match against Chris Sabin and an opponent to be determined.
* Taryn Terrell will square off against Gail Kim.
So just to recap, here is the updated card for the TNA Slammiversary pay-per-view:
No Holds Barred World Title Match:
(If Sting loses, he never gets another TNA World Title shot)
Bully Ray vs. Sting
A.J. Styles vs. Kurt Angle
Elimination World Tag Team Title Match:
Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez vs. Christopher Daniels and Kazarian, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode, and James Storm and a mystery partner
TNA TV Title Match:
Devon vs. Joseph Park
X-Division Title Match:
Kenny King vs. Chris Sabin vs. opponent to be determined
Taryn Terrell vs. Gail Kim