- According to SLAM! Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Illustrated has discontinued its sister publications, The Wrestler and Inside Wrestling (which had been combined into one large issue in recent years). The publications had been in circulation since 1968.
Pro Wrestling Illustrated will continue to be published. It is now the last remaining non-WWE publication in the United States.
The wrestling magazine industry has struggled mightily since last year, with WWE continuously posting decreasing revenue for its own publications.
-- Kaleb Perkins sent this one along: Here are the matches/segments that were cut:
* The Kaitlyn vs. Layla match. It was too short to be anything memorable.
* The video package of the night when The King had his heart attack. It was very odd that WWE decided to show Lawler being treated by the EMTs. I'm sure they filmed for insurance reasons, but why show if the man is healthy and alive.
* The Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara/Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel vs. Epico/Primo/Prime Time Players match. This was a very crazy fun 8-man tag team match. The only question I have is why wasn't this match signed for Survivor Series?
* The backstage segment with Paul Heyman and Brad Maddox. All that happened was Paul showed and took Brad to the side and began talking to him.
* The backstage segment with Josh Mathews talking about William Regal's injuries.
* The entrance of Rhodes Scholars for their tag team match.