— Fedor Emelianenko (33-4) has decided to retire after his June 21 fight with Pedro Rizzo. Fedor is 35.
He told Russian television outlet isport.ua about his plans. He said: “It will be the last fight of my career. It’s time to end my career.”
The fight will be held with M-1 Global at the Ice Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia and is expected to air on PPV.
Emelianenko left Strikeforce after losses to Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson. He has since fought internationally against names like Jeff Monson and Satoshi Ishii in late 2011. This will be his first fight of 2012.
His career includes holding the PRIDE title from 2003-2006 and 27 consecutive victories (with one no-contest). He has defeated fighters like Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski and others, many of whom were in their prime.
Fedor has never competed for the UFC because of problems between the company and his management.
Jones totaled his car, a Bentley in Binghamton, New York after an accident. Jones crashed into a pole and was arrested at the scene by the Broome County Sheriff. His mother posted bail a few hours later. Jones is from Ithaca, which is nearby.
Jones previously filmed a video earlier this year of him being trained by the Broome County Sheriff. His last fight was on April 21, successfully defending his belt against Rashad Evans by unanimous decision. His next opponent is Dan Henderson in Las Vegas on September 1.
His manager, Malki Kawa, said: “I can confirm that Jon Jones was arrested early this morning on suspicion of DUI. While the facts of this situation are still being gathered and situated, First Round Management fully supports Jon, and we are asking for fans and media to respect the privacy of Jon and his family during this time.”
When asked about it, Dana White simply replied: “Wow, i guess its not my week is it?”