Credit: Matteo Guadagnini & ProWrestling.net
I was in the first row. The building was 90 percent full.
1. R-Truth and Kofi Kingston defeated Epico and Primo (w/Rosa) in a non-title match. Very good opener that was announced for the WWE Tag Titles. However, Justin Roberts announced that John Laurinaitis decided that belts weren’t going to be defended. There were a lot of Little Jimmy chant alongside few pro Rosa’s chants (she’s sooooo hot).
2. David Otunga defeated Alex Riley. A sloppy match that ended via pinfall after Otunga’s Verdict. “You can’t wrestle” chants were all over the arena.
3. Zack Ryder defeated Dolph Ziggler. This was the second best match of the night. These two work well together and Ziggler was fantastic. He’s very talented and the crowd was behind him, but mostly for Ryder.
4. Santino Marella defeated Jack Swagger to retain the U.S. Championship. The crowd went nuts for Santino. He received the biggest pop of the night! He cut a promo in Italian about how difficult it is to be in WWE with up and downs and blah, blah. Santina’s ugly blah, blah, blah, but now he’s a champion…everybody’s happy! The match started with comedy but turned to mat wrestling old school style. They did a good job. Santino used the Cobra for the win.
5. Lord Tensai defeated Tyson Kidd. The match lasted longer than I expected. Kidd had a little offense! There was literally no reaction for Tensai.
6. The Bella Twins defeated Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres. All the divas looked gorgeous, but I have nothing to say about the match.
7. John Cena beat The Miz. A good but not excellent match. There were “We want Lesnar” chants acknowledged by Cena smiling. There were a lot of kids screaming, but there were also a lot of Miz supporters.
8. CM Punk defeated Chris Jericho in a No DQ match to retain the WWE Championship. The crowd loves both Punk and Y2J and they delivered a five-star match using the mic, chairs, a kendo stick, and the light structure. Nearly 20 minutes into the match, Punk won with the GTS. He followed by playing with the crowd and then jumped to the fan area and climbed the stage while showing off his belt. Best In The World and an awesome match!!!
Notes: I had an amazing night, but I saw some scene with a sign destroyed by the security or it wasn’t allowed in the building. A guy on the other side was taken out of the building for touching Chris Jericho when he was down.