and Heyman, who's begging the champ to not go through with it, as beating Vince will cause him to hound Punk and Heyman all the time and attempt to make him miserable. Punk isn't hearing any of it, and makes plans to step on Vince's throat to put his point across.
- It's "England versus Ireland" as the World Champ Sheamus faces Wade Barrett, next!
We recap Cena's latest challenge to Punk, and Punk's slap to Vince, who challenges Punk to either fight him or be fired, and Punk joyfully accepting.
Non-Title Match: World Champion Sheamus v. Wade Barrett
If Sheamus can get a credible match out of Damien Sandow, then this should be a stiff, physical masterpiece between two hard-nosed brawlers.
Lock-up by the two big men, but Big Show's music hits right away and he comes down to the ring, distracting Sheamus long enough for Wade to hit a big left hand. He goes for a forearm, but Sheamus counters into a headlock to ground Barrett. Barrett shrugs him off, but gets shoulder blocked for a two count. Sheamus back on the headlock, and takes Barrett over for a two count. Barrett counters out, Sheamus misses a clothesline, a shot to the gut by Barrett. Suplex countered by Sheamus into one of his own for a two count. White Noise countered by Barrett, who slips to the ring apron, but gets knocked down by Sheamus. Brogue Kick attempt by Sheamus misses as he gets caught up in the ropes, and Barrett sleeps the leg to cause Sheamus to fall hard on the apron as we go to break...
Back from commercial, Sheamus countering out of a sleeper, hits a big knee lift, sending Barrett to the outside. Sheamus follows outside and hits a uppercut. Whip countered as Barrett hops over the steps and kicks them back into Sheamus' knees, followed by a boot to the face. Sheamus is thrown back into the ring for a two count. Barrett locks in a camel clutch. Sheamus powers out, but Barrett comes back with a stiff clothesline. Barrett traps Sheamus in the ropes for some knees to the chest, followed by a STIFF boot. Barrett rolls him over for a close two count. Barrett misses a second-rope elbow, and Sheamus fires up with an Irish Hammer, followed by two more. SHoulders to Barrett's gut, powerslam countered by Barrett, but his pumphandle is countered by Sheamus as well. Sheamus traps Barrett in the ropes for his ten shots, but Tensai comes in and attack Sheamus for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
- Barrett and Tensai continue the assault, but Sheamus fights them off as Show sneaks in. Sheamus tries for a Brogue Kick, but Show catches him and tosses him over the ropes. Sheamus looks like he smacked his head pretty hard on the ringside mat, as he looks pretty dazed. Despite that, he gets back in the ring to fight, but Show's having none of it.
- JR and JBL argue about the upcoming fight between Vince and CM Punk, as despite JBL's claims to the contrary, JR worries for Vince's old age and condition and plans on trying to talk Vince out of the match, heading up the ramp to the back.
- We find out about a tag match between "Team Hell No" versus Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio.
- We're back from commercial with AJ, as Punk enters into her office. He offers to cancel the match, as him breaking Vince will look bad on AJ in the eyes of the Board of Directors. AJ only sees as him being scared to face Vince as he is scared to face Cena at Hell in the Cell. Punk laughs it off, wondering why he came in offering AJ a misguided chance to save Vince, and warns that whatever happens to Vince tonight is on her pretty, little head. Punk walks off as AJ's a real sad, pissed-off panda.
- Advert for Cena's earlier appearance on "Kelly & Micheal", talking about his involvement with breast cancer awareness.
- WWE Rewind features Antonio Cesaro's phenomenal feat on nailing the Neutralizer on a 350+ lbs Brodus Clay!
Non-Title Match: US Champion Antonio Cesaro v. Tyson Kidd
Cesaro talks about Americana and it's "famous" foods, saying no one in Europe talks about corn dogs, but only about America's growing rate of obesity. I'm BIG-BONED, DAMMIT!!!
Cesaro starts out on Kidd with with an arm and wrist lock, which Kidd counters into a roll-up for two. Kidd tries a corner attack, but gets dropped hard by Cesaro, who lays some kicks in to Kidd. He continues to beat on Kidd and locks in a neck vice. Kidd tries to counter, but gets thrown to the outside. Cesaro follows, goes for the clothesline, but Kidd ducks and hits a dropkick. He runs back into the ring and hit a baseball dropkick, sending Cesaro to the ground. Kidd throws him back into the ring, then hits a sunset flip off the ropes for a near fall. Kidd floats back to the apron off the kickout and tries for a springboard elbow but gets nothing. Cesaro waits, then throws Kidd up for a BIG European uppercut, followed by the Neutralizer for the victory.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro (The victory was never really in doubt, but a nice showing from Tyson here. Wouldn't mind seeing 5-10 more minutes out of these two.)
Non-Title Tag Team Match: "Team Hell No" v. Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio
We go back to last Monday, where Dolph followed Vickie after she got the boot by special ref AJ (who's a smoking hot official) and left Punk high and dry.
Kane and Bryan argue, per usual, as to who starts, and it's Bryan versus Zigger. Crisp arm drag by Ziggler, followed by a shoulder block. Whip reversed into a knee to the gut by Bryan. He taunts Kane, only to get kicked by Ziggler. Tag to Del Rio, who covers for a 2 count. Bryan counters of a headlock and tags in Kane, who bashes Del Rip into the turnbuckle and locks in a wristlock. Del Rio gets out and tags in Ziggler, who gets an uppercut for his efforts. Dropkick by Kane gets a near fall. Kane sends Dolph to the outside, but Bryan tags in and hits a knee off the apron to Dolph as we go to a commercial break...
Back to the action, as Dolph has Kane in a headlock, but Kane counters into a big boot and tags in Bryan who... (Continues on next page)