point tonight and introduce their friend, Jerry "The King" Lawler. Lawler out to a standing ovation as he makes his way down, and he looks great. JR and Cole greet Lawler with a warm embrace. Jerry on the mic. He can't tell us how much it means to be back here, and thanks everyone. He, along with JR, felt he may never step back in a WWE ring, but here it is. He makes reference to "It's A Wonderful Life", how one man's life impacted so many others, and Jerry's lived that movie, as he's gotten so much support from everyone. He's glad to be back...then CM Punk's music hits. I'm sorry, even by kayfabe standards, this is a douchebag move by Punk.
Punk and Heyman in the ring. Punk's glad Jerry left the ring, otherwise he'd have beaten him to death. He applauds how Lawler beat death, and thinks what Lawler has done and said has been in bad taste. Lawler should have never laced up his boots against Punk. People pointed the finger at Punk for the heart attack, when the fault lies with Lawler. People talked about how long Lawler was clinically dead, but the only value anyone should talk about is 358, the number of days he's consecutively been champion. He says will beat Ryback and Cena like he's done before, and hopes Lawler won't croak before the PPV. Jerry does assure him of that, and the only thing on life support is Punk's title reign. Heyman starts to cough. Are they serious with this? Punk does "CPR" and Heyman makes a "miraculous" recovery.
- Foley out now as Cole apologizes to the audience, and I frankly want to apologize for having to write that garbage for the last few minutes. Punk wonders why Foley's even out here, since he's not part of the Survivor Series tag match anymore. Foley says he's letting the WWE fans decide the fifth member of Team Foley. Punk asks why, as not caring about the fans and their worthless opinions did wonders for him. Foley shuts him up, and tells him Lawler's death and revival has nothing to do with Punk, who's lost sight of the fact that not everything revolves around him. Punk fires back, taking aim at Foley's relevancy as far as Punk and the WWE TItle goes. Foley says it does in fact involve him as he's been made the special enforcer for the Cena-Punk main event and Punk and Heyman are not pleased in the least.
- Brad Maddox prepares for his annihalati...ahem, match against Ryback, and a huge 8-man tag team match is coming up...NEXT!
- Backstage, Punk asks Heyman to fix the Foley and Maddox situation.
8-Man Tag Team Match: Rey Mysterio/Sin Cara & Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel v. The Primetime Players & The Colons
Gabriel and Titus start out. Titus with the uppercut and the gutwrench. Young in for the double team suplex and a two count. Epico in and hits a suplex for a two count. Ricardo out with a note for Rosa from Del Rio. Oooh, spicy! Gabriel counters with a boot, and tags in Rey, who hits a senton, then a headscissors into the ropes on Primo. Primo counters the 619, but Rey leg flips him up and over to the floor. All 8 men scramble to the ringside area as we go to commercial...
We're back as Titus manhandles Rey on the outside. Back in the ring, Titus presses Rey, then hits a couple of nice backbreakers. Titus cinches in a bearhug. Rey gets out, but gets a big shoulderblock for his trouble. Primo in with a senton for two. Primo with the front chancery on Rey. Rey fights out and sunset flips into a Buzzsaw kick. Primo mages to make the tag to Young, who gets headscissored into the ring post. Tyson Kidd in on the hot tag with a springboard dropkick, and is all over Young, hitting a boot, then a springboard elbow. Primo comes in with a Backstabber, Gabriel takes him out with a kick, Titus biels Justin over the ropes, Rey knocks Titus off, Epico tries to stop Rey, but Cara with a kick and soars onto Epico onto the floor. Rey with a senton to Titus. In the ring, Young hits a gutbuster for two on Kidd. Young gets tripped up into the ropes by Kidd, who tags in Rey for the 619, and then Justin tags in for the 450 splash and the three!
- A nice tribute to the troops and veterans in attendance tonight.
- Brad Maddox still getting ready, as Heyman approaches and wishes to talk to Maddox. This should be interesting...
- Sorry, my wireless crapped out on me, so here's a quick recap: Miz proposes that he be placed on the ballot for Foley's choice for the 5th man on his team for Survivor Series. Antonio Cesaro trash talks R-Truth, Little Jimmy, and the US. Truth then beats Tensai in a short match with the Little Jimmy and tells a knock-knock joke, "Europe! Europe who? Europe in my face!" Then we get Brad Maddox on his way to the ring for his "dream" match with Ryback...NEXT!
- We get a flashback to Maddox's promo and Mr. McMahon's offer of a million dollar contract if he can beat Ryback.
- Recap of Vickie's continued accusations against AJ, Ziggler berating AJ, and Cena coming out to flatten Ziggler after AJ slaps the taste of Dolph's mouth. We also recap Lawler's return, Punk's interruption of said return, and Foley coming out and letting Punk know he's the special enforcer for Punk's match against John Cena.
- Brad Maddox out for his match, as an ambulance can be heard near the entrance, and it can be wondered if that's Maddox's near future.
Ryback v. Brad Maddox
Maddox exits to the outside, gets back in at the seven count, and slips right back out.Maddox back in, Ryback knocks him down, Maddox with the boot, but Ryback catches him and slams him. Ryback drops Maddox on his repeatedly. Ref asks Maddox if he wants to keep going. Face first slams now, then Ryback throws him into the corner, followed by a Bulldog powerslam. Meathook sends Maddox down and out to ringside. Ryback rolls him back in, then hits a devastating triple powerbomb. Meathook, Shellshock, three count.
Ryback continues the beat down, knocking Maddox off the stretcher, derailing him with a Meathook, then... (Continues on next page)