like he did the piledriver. Davey says he'll shove the piledriver up Steen's ass. Steen asks if Davey's balls had been in Cornette's pocket. Davey slaps Steen. Steen laughs and leaves as crowd chants "Kill Steen Kill."
Davey argues in ring with Cornette, asks if crowd wants him and Steen. Cornette and Davey argue on the way out.
3. Mike Bennett (w/Maria & #WhyNotBob) defeated Eddie Edwards in the Final March Mayhem Qualifier. Good face heel dynamic. Boston vs. Boston! Eddie was cut on his back when Bob gave him a backdrop on the railing. Eddie got his revenge on Bob with a big dive. Lots of back and forth. Bennett won a very good 13 minute match after Maria oversold a bump on the apron from Eddie and the ref is distracted. Eddie got a massive post-match reaction for being a legit tough motherf---er. Four very visible bloody lines on his back, and he bumped on them the whole match.
Taping for April 7
1. The Young Bucks defeated TJ Perkins & Shiloh Jonze. No one knows Shiloh, but the Bucks are stars. Also, the technical lighting seems to have improved. The Bucks were screaming like girls both on offense and defense and it's hilarious, but Shiloh took everything so they're not getting heel heat. TJ entered and spiced up the match. Bucks are a little too cartoonish when selling. The Bucks won with More Bang for Your Buck. Seven minutes of good action, but the heat was kind of missing. The Bucks shook only each other's hands before and after match.
2. Mike Mondo beat Matt Taven. A small, polite reaction for Taven. Streamers! They started off like guys who are feuding, which is nice. Mikey landed wrong and had a leg injury. He took off his left boot on the outside, but it's a fake out! He rammed Taven into the barriers like a dozen times hard, then ran around in the ring with one sock and one boot. What a heel! Back to work and Taven destroyed Mondo by throwing him into the barrier. The girl sitting behind the barrier ran like halfway across the section. Hilarious. These guys continue to kIll each other, getting "this is awesome" chants because it was. Mondo won by reversing a flying move from Taven into a Downward Spiral. Both left to massive "that was awesome" chant. Six crazy fun minutes, and these guys will be remembered next month.
3. Tommaso Ciampa defeated Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, and Mike Bennett (all with all their usual crews). Maria and Mia in the same match. This is the climax of March Mayhem. Cole mouthed $24,000 to the camera, which may be the prize. Lethal tried to go after Ciampa but was stopped. Nice reaction for Cole, Ciampa is popular, boos for Bennett, big reaction for Lethal. $24,000 is indeed the prize. People have to tag in here.
Lethal started going hard after Ciampa. Lots of moving parts to this one, as Bennett's crew and the Embassy are jawing too. Cole dove onto everyone on the outside, but was taken out of action on the outside by Bennett. Lethal eliminated Bennett with Lethal Injection but was immediately eliminated by Ciampa with a knee to the head. It came down to Ciampa against an injured Cole.
Huge knees to Cole in the corner but he comes back with a superkick. Ciampa hits Cole with Sheamus' White Noise [Air Raid Crash] on the outside for a good nearfall. Cole eventually gets Ciampa in a really over read naked choke, but Ciampa gets his arm up on the third check. Ciampa won with Project Ciampa clean as Lethal was held back in the entryway. Really fun 14 minutes.
- Veda presented the check, but Prince Nana took it and sang, "We In The Money." RD Evans says the $24,000 far exceeds the investors' expectations. It felt like a crowning moment.
1. Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, and Papa Mike "Big Man" Briscoe (w/a fat guy) beat Roderick Strong, Michael Elgin, and Truth Martini. Truth taunted Papa about saying he had a pretty mouth. Mark vs. Roddy to start. Papa is saying stuff like "yeah chicky." Elgin entered to work over Mark, then Truth in and Mark plays possum as Truth goes to the top. Mark gets up and Truth bails. Mark tagged in Papa, and Truth tagged in Elgin. Papa tagged in Jay, who called Truth a pussy. Papa eventually got some licks in on Elgin, but mostly Jay vs. Elgin. There was some heel interference on the outside from Roddy, and Truth had Jay in peril.
Mark tagged in and cleaned house. Eventually, Papa got the tag and he speared Elgin, and chokeslammed Roddy. The Briscoes took out Elgin and Roddy on the outside, and Papa pinned Truth after a Stone Cold Stunner. Fun as f---, probably like 10 minutes.