with AJ, as they do their "Millions of Dollahs" schtick, which annoys AJ. She mentions that they aren't technically the #1 Contenders, as they haven't beat every team, but no fear, as tonight they face the team they haven't beaten..."Daniel & Kane, Daniel & Kane, Daniel & Kane." I love AJ.
#1 Contender's Match for WWE Tag Team Championship: Kane & Daniel Bryan v. The Prime Time Players
A "Oui, Oui, Oui!" chant by Montreal, I love it. Kane and O'Neil lock up, shots by Kane before forcing Titus into the corner and "tagging" in Bryan. Kicks to Titus, waistlock by Brian countered, Titus tags in Young, who nails a clothesline, before tagging Titus back in, who delivers some sharp corner elbows to Bryan.
Tag to Darren, who hit a Northern Lights suplex on Bryan for two. Front chancery by Darren, Bryan fights out, but gets knocked down, and Young & O'Neil nail a double-team front suplex for a two count. Bryan tries to fight back with some uppercuts, but O'Neil with a stalling powerslam for two.
Boots to Bryan by Titus, who barks to the crowd before synching in a headlock. Tag to Young, who delivers some some sharp uppercuts. Bryan retaliates, but again gets knocked down and trapped into a rear naked choke by Young. Bryan fights out with some kicks and a snap suplex. Kane begs for the tag, but Bryan shrugs him off and goes for the Benoit headbutt, but misses. Young locks the headlock back in. Good tag team formula by Young and O'Neil so far.
Bryan comes back, nailing Young with repeated kicks, before Kane tags himself in, knocking Titus off the apron and giving Young a sideslam for two. Flying clothesline by Kane, sets for the chokeslam, nails it, and send Titus flying over the rope. Bryan tags in and Kane is not happy, chokeslamming Bryan on Young, and that gets 3 for Bryan and Kane!
WINNERS and NEW #1 CONTENDERS: Kane & Daniel Bryan
- Recap of earlier tonight, with the diatribe between Bret Hart & CM Punk, then a reminder of Hart's interview with Cena. We all know that's not going to end well, right?
- Commercial Break
- WWE "Slam of the Week" is Sheamus "debuting" his Texas Cloverleaf submission, followed by the Brogue Kick on Ricardo Rodriguez.
- Ricardo comes out, neck brace and all, to introduce Del Rio for his match.
Alberto Del Rio v. Tyson Kidd
Not liking Kidd's chances here, even with the home crowd. Early offense, including a Sharpshooter attempt, is shurgged off by Del Rio, who lays in with kicks on Kidd and sends him to the outside, but Kidd hops on the apron as Del Rio goes out, kicking him in the chest.
Back in the ring, Del Rio tries for another kick, but Kidd counters into the Sharpshooter, and a nice pop from the home crowd. Del Rio almost taps, but makes the ropes. Slingshot leg drop to the apron by Kidd misses, Del Rio yanks away on the arm, then pulls Kidd back in for the Cross Arm Breaker and the tap out.
WINNER: Alberto Del Rio
Del Rio gets on the mic, warning Sheamus that what he did to this "Canadian peasant', he'll do worse to Sheamus come Sunday.
We go to Michael Cole, who gives an update on Jerry Lawler, as he had been absent for the last couple of matches. Lawler apparently collapsed during the broadcast and had to be ushered to the back for medical attention. Cole assures us this is NOT part of the program as he has a sincere look of concern on his face.
We go to commercial...
Non-title Match: World Champion Sheamus v. David Otunga
Otunga rushes Sheamus as he takes his shirt, and hammers him with punches and kicks to the outside. Sheamus gets thrown back in, Otunga gets in his face and slaps him, bad move, which ticks off Sheamus, who headbutts Otunga. Shots to the chest, White Noise, then the Cloverleaf for the quick submission win. The lack of commentary is a bit unsettling here, as I really hope Jerry's okay...
Sheamus starts to leave, but comes back, and NAILS Otunga with the Brogue Kick, uh oh...
- AJ comes out, followed by Booker T, who's handling the World Title business. Booker T says he's doing an internal investigation and, until it's completed, if Sheamus uses the Brogue Kick on anyone, anywhere, he will be STRIPPED of the World Heavyweight Title. Sheamus is not a Happy Irishman as we go to break...
- Back from commercial, we get a live view of Montreal and a recap of the tag match where Bryan & Kane won the #1 Contendership to the Tag Team titles.
- Backstage with Dr. Shelby, Kane & Bryan, as Bryan and Kane argue over who's name should be first in their new tag team. I'm liking this more and more...
- Overview of Night of Champions
- Back to Cole, who updates us on Lawler's situation. He collapsed earlier, got taken to the back for CPR, and had to be taken to a hospital, and is on assisted breathing right now, but is thankfully breathing on his own anyway. Cole lets us know that this is in NO WAY part of tonight's show, and respectfully decides to cut off commentary for the rest of the night for Jerry's sake. Prayers to Jerry from myself and everyone here at 411mania.
- Rey Mysterio comes down to the ring for the next match, as we go to commercial...
- Commercial break
Cody Rhodes v. Rey Mysterio
Lock up by both men. Cody backs Rey into the corner, shots to the midsection, punches and kicks, followed by a facebuster suplex and another kick.
Rey fires back with kicks, Cody counters, but Rey pulls the rope and Cody goes tumbling to the outside. Rey flies to the outside onto Cody. Rey gets Cody back into the ring, where Rhodes imediately hits a Disaster Kick for a close two. Cody insisits it was three and goes for a charge in the corner, only to find post. Rey hits a head scissors into a face buster for a two count. Cody ducks a basement dropkick, only to get kicked in the back of the head, for another close two count.
Rey drops Cody into the ropes for the 619, but sees the Miz coming down and kicks him away from the ramp, only to get Cross-Rhoded... (Continues on next page)