Credit: Vincent Campisi, Jr and prowrestling.net
The venue is smaller than the Impact Zone in Florida. The show was advertised as sold out, but it was not even close to sold out. No one else was even in my row. Jeremy Borash came out to pump up the crowd.
Bobby Roode to start off Impact. He came out to a huge ovation and a "Bobby" chant. He said he fought in a cage to no clear winner and Angle has decided that now next week it will be himself against EY and he called EY to the ring. EY came out to an even bigger pop. Roode spoke about their history and their match last week. He put over EY and how much he's honored to fight him. EY said its fait that this happened he said he's always asked who the best in the business is an his answer is bobby roode (after about a 5 minute deafening CM Punk chant). Bobby said there is nothing else to do but tear the roof off this bitch. After EY made his exit, Borash came out and said match is now tonight.
2. Chris Melendez beat DJ Z. HUGE USA chants. DJ Z kicked Melendez in the artificial leg. DJ controlled early as an antagonist. Melendez won with a sidewalk slam. The ending was botched as DJ Z kicked out of Hebner's count at two, but I'm sure they'll fix it in post production.
3. Sanada (w/James Storm) beat Austin Aries. James Storm introduced Sanada. A really good match. Sanada won via superkick to Aries' head after Storm interfered and knocked Aries off the top rope. Sanada spat green mist into Aries' face.
MVP, Bobby Lashley, and Kenny King were out next. MVP put down NYC and put over Lashley. Samoa Joe came out and a "Joe's gonna get you" chant started. Joe said he's the toughest man in the world and the ring. Joe hit Kenny and a brawl started. Security broke it up.
4. Homicide beat Super Crazy, DJ Z, Low Ki, Manik, and Tigre Uno to become No. 1 contender to the X Division Title. Homicide won a spotfest with a Gringo Killer. After the match, James Storm and Sanada came out and dragged Manik away.
EC3 came out with Rockstar Spud. The "boring", "what", and "you can't wrestle" chants were so loud I couldn't hear what he was saying. He kept laying down every time there was a boring chant. He was interrupted by Rhino, who cleared the ring. Rhino said he wanted a match with EC3, and EC3 said he'll grant him a match...with Spud.
5. Bobby Roode defeated Eric Young to become No. 1 contender to the TNA Title. Young came out in New York Rangers themed gear. Great match - lots of close two counts. Roode won with a Roode Bomb. They shook hands after the match.
6. Bram and Magnus defeated Sam Shaw and Gunner. There was a cool spot where Bram slammed Gunner's head into the corner and Gunner kept on slamming his own head. Bram got the pin after a chop block to Gunner's knee and then holding the tights. After the match, Shaw went to beat up the ref, but Gunner stopped him.
7. Gail Kim beat Taryn Terrell to retain the TNA Knockouts Championship. Another "we want puppies" chant. Gail hit a huracanrana off the top rope. Gail went for a shoulder tackle in the corner and missed through the ropes. Gail hit a neckbreaker on the stairs to get a huge "holy shit" and "better than Divas" chant. Gail went for eat defeat and Taryn countered for a two count. Gail won when she countered a cross body off the top rope into a roll up. They shook hands after the match. Jessicka Havoc came out in crazy gear with a bane-type mask and laid out Terrell and Kim with Samoan drops and a chokeslam and left. She looked like a great monster heel.
During a break Jeremy Broash said TNA is done in Orlando.
Austin Aries out next to a big pop. He called out James Storm. Storm said he is not just Sanada but now the Great Sanada and he will be the best to ever come out of Japan. Aries called Storm a legendary asshole. Aries said they're marked men and he didn't come alone to fight he brought company. Tajiri came out to help Aries clear the...