Triple H came out and awarded a $10,000 scholarship to a production student.
Dark Match: Damien Sandow beat Brandon Trayvon.
NXT Episodes #1 & 2 Taping
(1) Brodus Clay beat Camacho.
(2) Trent Barreta beat Kassius Ohno. Really good match. Hot, hot crowd so far.
(4) Bronson beat Lincoln Broderick with a figur-four leglock variation. Quick squash debut for Bronson, who is basically a fat Ryback.
(5) NXT champion Seth Rollins beat Heath Slater in a non-title match. The stipulation was that if Slater wins, he faces Seth again for the title "next week." Rollins won with a new finisher where he back-flipped over Slater and came down in neckbreaker position. Pretty sick. The match was great, too. They went a good 15 minutes.
A new vignette hyped the return of Bray Wyatt (former Husky Harris). Creepy stuff again.
(6) The Usos beat Michael McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis. Post-match, the lights went out and The Ascension was spotlighted in the observatory box at the top of the arena as their music played, signaling that their feud with the Usos is not over.
To finish the show, Dusty Rhodes announced a fatal four-way "next week" to determine the next number one contender. This was after Bo Dallas, Drew McIntyre, Justin Gabriel, and Jinder Mahal argued for the #1 contender spot.
NXT Episode #3 Taping
(1) Roman Reigns (Leakee) debuted and squashed C.J. Parker.
The return date is October 11.
(2) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro beat Tyson Kidd to retain the U.S. Title after the Gotch-style Neutralizer. Match of the night so far. Some seriously good nearfalls and holds in this match. It's worth checking out when it airs.
(3) Kassius Ohno beat Trent Barreta with a sick rolling elbow. Post-match, KO tried to hit it again, but Trent ducked and dropkicked him out of the ring.
(4) Big E. squashed Memo Montenegro (Del Rio's brother). After the match, Vickie Guerrero excused herself on the Titantron and said she has offered $5,000 to anyone who thinks they can put Big E. on the shelf. Of note, Big E.'s "5 Count" act is absurdly over with the crowd.
Bray Wyatt returned. Jason Jordan was already in the ring and he was interrupted by Wyatt's singing as he walked to the ring to tell him that he came to fight, so shut up and do it. Wyatt said Jason just doesn't get it. "Jason...I. AM. A. MONSTER," he said with the most creepy delivery ever. He said that he is a monster and does not roll alone. Luke Harper (Brodie Lee) ran out past Bray and beat the crap out of Jordan in the ring. Excellent; definitely a must-see segment.
(6) The Ascension beat Yoshi Tatsu & Percy Watson. A squash.
- John Cena came out to thunderous applause. Not a boo to be heard. He apologized for being unable to compete and said he hopes the crowd will take a rain check because he will be back to compete on October 11.