John CenaJohn Felix Anthony Cena
- Birthdate: 04/23/1977 (age 37)
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 251 Ib
Cena is known as "the face of the WWE for a lon...
I attended Friday night’s WWE Live Event from Tulsa, Oklahoma held at the BOK Center. We have not had a house show in years, but we do get one Monday night Raw and Smackdown TV taping per year. Here are some news and notes as well as results.
* Upper bowl covered with black sheets. The attendance was poor, I would estimate around 3500.
* You could vote on a match or dance off between Adam rose vs. Justin Gabriel. 51-49 for a dance off.
* They offered refunds for John cena.
* Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose is our opening match. Seth hits Dean with the briefcase for a DQ finish. After the match, Seth beats Dean down some more with the mitb case until Dean reverses the curb stomp & clears the ring. 13 min match I would estimate.
* Bo Dallas cuts a promo prior to his match about how we can make our dreams come true. Bolieve
* Bo Dallas def. Zack Ryder. Bo won with the bodog. About a 7 min match. Solid, Bo dominated the majority of the match. The end came when Zack was making his comeback only to fall short. Bo gave him some inspiration afterwards.
* Damien Sandow comes out as as a cowboy to get local heat. He loses to Sin Cara. Sin Cara won with a front senton off the top.
After the match, Sandow says he wants another match because we paid to see him win, not lose.
* The Great Khali comes out to answer the challenge. Khaili wins with the big chop. He is walking bad these days. Complete Squash match.
* Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler is next. Ziggler wins when he reverses out of the arm bar & hits the zig zag. Solid match, you have seen this match before. About ten minutes.
* Justin Gabriel cuts a heel promo about how much it sucks to be a tulsan. Local heat.
Fans choice match - they choose a dance off between Justin Gabriel & Adam Rose. This ended with a brawl that saw Rose clear the ring & dance all the way to the back. This was a waste, but the kids got a kick out of it.
* Rusev with Lana come out to the ring where Lana cuts an anti America promo. She gets mega heat for this. Tons of USA chants. Outcomes Jack Swagger wearing an Oklahoma Sooners football jersey alongside Zeb Colter. Zeb cuts a promo about how we are not in Russia, but in Oklahoma. Rusev won the match with a superkick followed by the accolade. After the match, Rusev was limping, but I am pretty sure he was selling. Decent match, 10 minutes.
* Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Goldust & Stardust. Things break-down in the ring with Stardust taking out Ryback with a springboard dive to the floor. Meanwhile, in the ring, Goldust hits his finisher on Axel to pick up the win.
* Main event - street fight with Ric Flair our special guest referee: Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton. Near the end of the match, Orton reverses the superman punch & drove Reigns through a table. The end came when Seth Rollins tried to interfere, but Dean Ambrose ran him off. Orton & Flair got into it, which led Orton to punch Flair. He goes for the punt kick, but Reigns hit the spear for the win.
This was a solid house show in general. You get your money’s worth for sure, the attendance was a bit disappointing as not even the lower bowls were filled. To give WWE credit, there was a music festival downtown right outside of the BOK Center. For a casual fan, WWE needs to do more in getting the word out that they are in town. No radio, TV or any other advertisement was issued.
There was no return date, which is a bad sign for this fan. Down below are some pictures of the event: