John CenaJohn Felix Anthony Cena
- Birthdate: 04/23/1977 (age 37)
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 251 Ib
Cena is known as "the face of the WWE for a lon...
Airdate: Monday, October 22nd, 2012 (USA Network)
Location: The IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ
Results by Ken Hill
“Yes, sir, we promised you a great main event…”
- No pyro as we kick off tonight with the #1 Contender's match for the Tag Team titles!
#1 Contender Tag Team Tourney Finals: Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara v. The Rhodes Scholars
We see the path each team took to get to this point, a week late due to Mysterio's illness last week.
Cara and Rhodes start off. Cara runs circles around Rhodes and hits a head scissors, tagging in Rey, who drops Cody for a quick two count. Series of reversals between the two ends with an uppercut from Cody. Sandow tags in, but gets caught quickly by Rey for the 619. Rhodes pulls hus partner away, but Cara suicide dives Rhodes, and Rey sentons Sandow! Back in the ring, Rey holds up Sandow in the ropes and tags to Cara, who hits a nice springboard onto Sandow for a two count. Cara misses a another springboard, and Sandow tags out to Rhodes, who hits a stalling vertical suplex for two. He beats down Cara some more before tagging in Sandow, who hits a kneedrop and mockingly bows before tagging Cody back in. Rhodes with some rights and jaw jacks to Rey. Big mistake as Cara counters with a step-up enziguri, and we go to break as both men are down...
Back from break with Rhodes and Cara in the ring. Rhodes hits a kneedrop and tags in Sandow. Leg sleep into the Elbow of Disdain. Rey breaks up the pinfall. Rhodes tagged in to hit some boots with Sandow. Rhodes props up Cara on the turbuckle, but gets nailed with a big time tornado DDT. Hot tag to Mysterio, who comes in with a senton on Rhodes and kicks Sandow off the apron. Rey reverses a whip with a boot to the face and a springboard moonsault gets two. Rey sets Cody for the 619, trips Sandow next to him and hits a DOUBLE 619! Rey up top for the splash, connects, and... Sandow breaks up the ref's count with his body! Cara whip kicks Sandow, who falls out of the ring as Cara continues to beat down on him. Meanwhile, in the ring, Cody nails the Cross Rhodes on Rey to get the 3!
Winners and NEW #1 Contenders: The Rhodes Scholars
Following the post-match celebration, Team Hell No congratulates the winners and gives their opinion on the Rhodes Scholars' chances of winning the tag team titles: HELL NO! Kane pulls a magic trick by making Bryan "disappear" and lighting up the posts.
Non-Title Match: IC Champion Kofi Kingston v. Michael McGillicutty
Flashback to last Monday and Wednesday, seeing Miz getting his head kicked off back and forth, losing his IC title in the process.
Michael takes the early offense, keeping Kofi grounded with kicks and headlocks. He backs up Kofi in the corner, but Kofi counters out and hits Trouble In Paradise to send McGillicutty packing early.
Winner: Kofi Kingston (Not much here, as more attention was made to Miz's commentary as he built up his rematch with Kofi at HITC
- Flashback to the contract signing, where Cena at least shocks Punk by giving the WWE Title shot to Ryback. We find out NEXT why he made that very decision.
- Back from commercial, as we're introduced to the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. As a New England fan, meh. Cena comes out to his usual yay-boo response. He talks about WM coming to NY/NJ next year and HITC this Sunday. He feels that CM Punk will be seen as a person who tells the truth, who's held the WWE Title for 337 days, and was honest about being a visionary and wanting change. Cena agrees, and that after 337 days, we see change in the form of 6'3", 291 lbs, Mr. "Feed Me More", Ryback, who's not an individual who complains about conspiracies, brass rings, and ice cream bars. He stand only for destruction. Cena says change will be coming...and out come the WWE Champ and Heyman.
- Punk is unsurprised that Cena endears himself by promoting the NY Giants. He doesn't hate them, in fact he's a Giants fan...of the San Francisco brand. He's done everything he's promised, but not for the fans, Cena, or Ryback. Punk says Cena can promise change all he wants, but it doesn't mean anything. Punk can back up his promises. Punk seems to understand why Cena's become a cheerleader, that being he finally realizes he can't beat Punk. Cena mentions he's finally medically cleared and offers a...