CM PunkPhillip Jack "Phil" Brooks
- Birthdate: 8/26/1978 (age 36)
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 200 lbs
CM Punk ProfilesPhillip Jack Brooks was born on...
Airdate: Monday, September 17th, 2012 (USA Network)
Location: The Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT
Results by Ken Hill
“Yes, sir, we promised you a great main event…”
- We kick off with the CM Punk's music...and PAUL HEYMAN comes out instead. Interesting. Heyman introduces himself, and believes he was a part of hsitory last night, seeing Punk successfully defend his title against John Cena. The crowds boos and Heyman actually agrees the ending to the match was controversial, and asks the referee, Chad Patton, to come out. Heyman shows a still photo of the ending, where BOTH men's shoulders were clearly down for the three count, and Patton agrees. Heyman brings up a fan recording to further certify Patton's judgment. Heyman starts to tell the audience that Punk walked in and out as champion and deserves respect, before Cena's music hits!
- Cena pretty much tells Paul to shut up, but agrees that Patton made the right choice. He talks about how epic the match between him and Punk, how banged up he is, and was more upset about the finality of the ref's decision. He felt the match, as well as the feud, should end with a victory one way or the other. He asks Heyman about this, but Heyman believes Punk earned respect with the draw. Cena draws the line there, saying the real definition of respect is holding your head high after a definite decision,a nd feels they should see who the winner is tonight. Heyman tells Cena what he knows Punk will say before he arrives tonight, but before any of that, Del Rio's music hits!
Alberto feels he, not Cena, deserves a rematch due to being told last-minute about Sheamus' kick being un-banned. Now AJ comes out, and basically makes a tag team main event of Sheamus and Cena versus Del Rio and Punk, with the winner of the match going a long way in determining who gets a rematch for what title. She skips off as Heyman desperately tries to talk to her.
- Backstage, Sin Cara and Mysterio are WALKING to the ring for tag team action...next!
- A tout from Jerry Lawler thanking the WWE Universe for all their well-wishes, and Cole introduces JBL, as well as JR(!), for commentary. Rey and Sin Cara make their entrances with Epico, Primo, and Rosa already in the ring.
Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara v. Epico & Primo Colon
Primo and Cara start off, Cara snapping off a heel kick before arm dragging Primo and tagging in Rey, who splashes Primo, then tags in Cara. The two luchadores nail a double team kick, which gets a two count as we go to commercial break...
Back from the break with Epico with a headlock on Cara and tagging in Primo, however, Cara counters immediately with a tornado DDT before making the hot tag to Mysterio, who comes in agaisnt Primo and nails a cross body on Primo for a two count. He sets Primo up for a 619, and then him and Cara double team Epico right alongside his cousin for a double 619! Rey takes out Primo on the outside, while Sin Cara nails a senton on Epico for the three count!
Winners: Sin Cara & Rey Mysterio
Following the match, the Prime Time Players show up and assault Mysterio and Cara, laying them out, and announcing while they may have had their legitimate title shot taken from them, they'll be the ones doing the taking from now on. That's the first strong promo I've heard from Titus and Young, and I like the change in attitude.
- We find out the tag team main event is official, as well as a Tag Team Championship rematch from NOC. Wonder if Teddy Long's advising AJ too...
- We find out that Miz will be hosting his first ever episode of "MizTV" with Booker T as the guest host. Beth Phoenix is in the ring, waiting as Eve comes to the ring.
Non-title Match: Eve Torres (c) v. Beth Phoenix
Honestly, I missed the majority of the action as I was more engrossed in Layla and JBL's conversation over Eve suspiciously ending up in and winning last night's championship. What I can tell you is that it ended as soon as it started, with Eve countering Beth's powerslam attempt, shoving her into the turnbuckle and rolling her up with a slight assist from the tights for 3!
Winner: Eve Torres
- Eve shows off her newly won title to Layla as we're reminded about the tag team main event and go...