Airdate: Monday, September 24th, 2012 (USA Network)
Location: The Times Union Center in Albany, NY
Results by Ken Hill
“Yes, sir, we promised you a great main event…”
- No pyro as we go straight to the ring with Paul Heyman and the WWE Champion CM Punk. Heyman introduces himself and praises Punk. Heyman gives us the bad news that Raw will not be presented until "justice has been served" given the events of last week's main event, where the ref made a three count despite Punk's foot being on the rope well before the hand came down for three. Heyman asks for the ref, Brad Maddox, to come out and admit his faults, apologize to Punk, and tender his resignation immediately.
- Maddox walks like he's walking the proverbial "green mile", and is understandably hesitant to get in the ring. When he gets in, he apologizes, says it was his first main event, and he should've checked the ropes. Heyman agrees, but asks him to resign. Before Maddox can really object, Punk breaks his silence, lambasting Maddox and questioning his abilities of a man and a ref. Maddox explains he was brought in by AJ when Raw expanded to 3 hours. Heyman laughs at this, considering Maddox a scab, and hands him a WWE/NFL blindfold (ZING!), saying maybe he can sleep better at night with it. Punk calls AJ an idiot for hiring someone like Maddox and that brings out AJ herself.
- Heyman expects AJ to overturn the decision, but AJ says for him to assume would make "an ass out of you and me, but mostly you." AJ questions Heyman, but Punk intercedes, telling her exactly why they have this animosity going on, and shows AJ's proposal and Punk's rejection from a little while ago. Punk mentions the hundreds of texts and their closed-door relationship, which gets AJ a little teared up. Ouch. Heyman then mockingly gets on one knee and proposes to AJ, ewww, and talks about all the power couples they could trump, and how Heyman can come up with the ideas, and AJ can take the credit. All AJ does, rightfully so, is slap the taste out of Heyman's mouth and walks off.
- We get word of the exclusive interview with Jerry "The King" Lawler after his fateful heart attack two weeks ago.
Dolph Ziggler v. Kofi Kingston w/R-Truth
Ah, battle of the former mid-card titleholders, Take 1000. Vickie "teases" Little Jimmy, which brings both Ziggler and Kofi out, who accidentally knocks Truth's soda into Vickie. The ref sends Vickie, Truth, and "Little Jimmy" to the back.
Kofi uppercuts Ziggler, who reverses a whip, but Kofi clotheslines him over, then hits a sweet somersault senton over the top rope onto Ziggler as we go to break...
Back from break, Kofi and Kingston trade punches. Kingston reverses a whip, but misses the splash, and Dolph hits his reverse Exploder suplex for a two count. Ziggler locks in a reverse chinlock. Kingston fights out, but Ziggler turns his momentum into a neckbreaker for two. Ziggler preens to the crowd, as Kofi mounts a comeback, only to get DRILLED with a standing dropkick for a close two. Ziggler misses a corner splash, giving Kofi time to regroup, as the two trade punches again, with Kofi gaining the upper hand. He takes Ziggler down, then nails a spinning Boom Drop. Kofi goes for TIP, Dolph counters into a suplex, Kofi lands on his feet, SOS attempt is countered, but Kofi nails a slingshot kick and cross body for two. Another springboard maneuver gets Kofi another two count. SOS gets Kofi a CLOSE two count, Kofi catches Ziggler on another kick attempt and catapults Ziggler into the corner, but Dolph catches himself. He dives for Kofi, who ducks and nails another cross body for another near fall. Kofi tries his corner split dive, but Dolph ducks, Kofi crashes and burns, and Ziggler nails the Zig Zag for the decisive three. Great match, expected with the chemistry these two have with each other.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- Back with Cole and Ross, we find out Dr. Shelby's "radical" new therapy. We go to a diner with Shelby and Bryan. Shelby feels they are close to a breakthrough and suggests a new therapy. We then see Kane, or "Gerald", taking Daniel's order. Daniel orders a veggie platter, a "tag partner who isn't a seven-foot freak", and a diet cola. Kane, sorry, "Gerald" mentions a cook with a scraggly goat beard who he deep-fried,...