Welcome back to another Monday Morning Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) What do you think of the new title belt awarded to Roman Reigns on SmackDown?
Could it be better? Definitely. Could it be worse? Definitely. But I’m personally a fan of the WWE Championship design we have now and have had the past decade. I think it’s the second-best belt behind the Winged Eagle. Controversial opinion, I know, but I love it, so I was hoping they wouldn’t just abandon that design.
With that being said, the gold background doesn’t pop as well with the logo. I think it’s a little ugly. I’d have preferred maybe keeping the white WWE logo and going with a darker gold.
But more than anything, I’m concerned what this means for the title lineage. I don’t want them to end the WWE Championship history and just say that ends with Roman Reigns and going forward, the Universal Championship is the history going forward.
They haven’t clarified that yet, which is a little scary to me. Especially considering they have this dumb World Heavyweight Championship that for some reason isn’t following the previous World Heavyweight Championship’s legacy.
2) Who do you think will win the remaining Money in the Bank qualifying matches?
- Butch beats Baron Corbin – I can’t say I’d have put either of them in the match, to be honest, over many of the other options.
- Santos Escobar beats Mustafa Ali
- The final men’s slot, assuming it is between two Raw guys to balance out 3 and 3, I would think should involve Cody Rhodes beating someone like Riddick Moss, but they haven’t had Matt Riddle in a qualifier yet, so it might be him against a heel who qualifies instead, like Dominik Mysterio.
- Bayley/Michin could go either way, but I’d lean more toward Bayley.
- Becky Lynch definitely beats Sonya Deville
- Zoey Stark definitely beats Natalya
- Iyo Sky over Shotzi, most likely.
- The final women’s match should be, again, between 2 Raw Superstars. Assuming they don’t want to do Ronda Rousey and Shayna Baszler defending against Raquel Rodriguez and Shotzi, I’d think maybe Raquel qualifies over Chelsea Green, but there are still options like Candice LeRae, Nikki Cross and even Maxxine Dupri they might toss in there.
3) Do you think Orange Cassidy will retain the International Championship, or is Swerve Strickland about to become the next champion?
I keep thinking his title’s in jeopardy, but I keep leaning more toward that he’ll retain. Now, though, I do think we’re going to see a new champion. Swerve was the last elimination in the Blackjack Battle Royale and almost won the title there. Having Strickland come out on top of this follow-up match would make sense to me.
It wouldn’t shock me if the title stays where its at, but I’m going with Swerve winning the title.
4) Who do you want and/or predict will win the No. 1 contender’s battle royal on NXT this week to determine Tiffany Stratton’s next challenger?
Who do I want to win? It wouldn’t be the best match in the world, but I would find it most interesting if Stratton was up against someone completely out of left field, and to see her work with a main roster talent thrown in at the last minute. Ideally, I think Nikki Cross or Dana Brooke could serve that role best. But out of the normal NXT roster, a few options make sense like Ivy Nile and such, but I would go with Meiko Satomura. Let her work with Stratton and teach her some stuff that Tiffany will use for the rest of her title reign.
Who do I think will win? Gigi Dolin. The feud with Jacy Jayne should be over now after that Weaponized Steel Cage Match. She needs something else to move on to. After being established more than a lot of others on the roster, she makes for a viable challenger who can lose to Stratton.
5) How do you feel about Mustafa Ali and Baron Corbin going down to NXT?
It depends, and it is way too early to tell. In general, I like the idea. Both of them are at a spot on the main roster that they’re perpetually overlooked and continue to do nothing but lose credibility with each match. Putting them back down in NXT makes them bigger fish in a smaller pond, and could lead to a resurgence of sorts.
But if they’re just going there to lose a few matches, while wrestling on Raw and SmackDown as free agents, then it isn’t going to do much for them in the long term. They’ll just look worse for losing to the NXT guys as well as everyone else.
I wouldn’t mind Corbin being NXT champion, but it’s too early for them to drop Carmelo Hayes. That’s just not going to happen. Ali isn’t in a spot to win a belt on that brand unless he turns heel to beat Wes Lee. I wouldn’t mind that. But if it’s just so he can lose to Joe Gacy? Meh.
Let us know your thoughts about these questions by answering them in the comments!