Heidi Katrina is an independent wrestler who hails from the UK and continues to make a name for herself in popular wrestling market in Japan. Japan has been the home to many wrestling superstars and Heidi has inserted her name in that same conversation.
In her stint as CMLL-REINA International Champion she constantly takes on all opponents and never backs down from a challenge. In one of her most recent matches against former WWE Star Jazz, she showed the flashes of brilliance the Indy scene has been accustomed to seeing inside the ring. The words that comes to mind when speaking on the Champ are, Unpredictable, Creative, and Rare. Heidi is known for her dominating presence and continues to leave her fans with unforgettable performances inside the ring.
By following the Independent Circuit and their storied careers, I am able to catch up with some of them and conduct an interview from time to time, which allows them to share with us their story. Recently I was able to catch up with Heidi and she was gracious enough to put a halt to her busy schedule to discuss her career, future, and accomplishments. This is what she had to say.
* When did your pro wrestling career begin? How did you get started?
2012, age 22 or 23, after my first time seeing a live WWE RAW event at the 02 Arena, London.
* What federations have you worked for along the way?
I haven’t wrestled for at present.
* What is it like to wrestle in Japan? How is the atmosphere?
It’s very different. Concentrated, more serious.
* How does it feel to hold the CMLL-REINA International Championship?
* How could you explain the life on an independent wrestler?
Hectic and magical.
* Are there any funny/crazy road stories you would like to share?
I’m sworn to secrecy.
* When did you decide to go full speed ahead to becoming a professional athlete?
The second I stepped foot into a wrestling school.
* Were there any obstacles on your journey to the ring? If so, what were they and how did you overcome them?
Of course, but such is life.
* What are your thoughts on the current status of Women’s Wrestling and how it has been growing?
I’m very excited that there is a rejuvenation.
* What would be your dream match?
I’d like to take on the men. Ha.
Kana (Asuka WWE)
* What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in the sport of professional wrestling?
Wrestling all over the world. Japan and USA in particular.
* Who would you say has been your toughest opponent to date?
Jazz! A great competitor. My favorite match to date.
* Who are/were some your favorite wrestlers and why?
Chyna – inspired me
Chris Benoit – wrestling fascinated me
Kurt Angle – enjoyed watching
Eddie Guerrero – entertained me
* Who is the real Heidi Katrina?
She’s a total sweetheart. Haha.
* What needs to be accomplished in your eyes to be able to look back and call your career a success when it’s all over?
Universal domination. It will never be over!
***Hopefully you enjoyed this interview and learned some new and interesting things about Heidi Katrina. The world of wrestling is a demanding business and the time set aside to do this interview should not be underestimated. I would like to personally thank Heidi for taking the time to share with me her stories so I could share them with all of you. Her time is greatly appreciated…..
***For more information you can follow Heidi Katrina on the following outlets:
Twitter: @heidikatrinaa, Facebook: Heidi Katrina, IG: @ heidikatrinaa
Go give her a follow and show some eWN love!