Welcome back to another Monday Morning Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) Who do you think will win the #1 Contender Battle Royal on NXT to be Mandy Rose’s next challenger?
Easily, this is where Nikkita Lyons wins.
She was likely going to win the NXT Breakout Tournament and get that title shot to begin with, before WWE completely squashed the purpose of it with that terrible tag team title win and immediate heel turn with Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez.
Winning this battle royal gives Lyons a chance to jump to the front of the line, rather than to have to earn the title shot through more matches and a better win-loss record.
2) What are your predictions for Week 2 of Fyter Fest?
- Eddie Kingston will win the Barbed Wire Deathmatch against Chris Jericho, unless the whole game plan is for someone to interfere and start a new feud with Kingston.
- Darby Allin will defeat Brody King
- Christian Cage and Luchasaurus will beat The Varsity Blonds
- Blackpool Combat Club’s Jon Moxley and Wheeler Yuta will beat Chuck Taylor and Trent
3) Will you be checking out ROH Death Before Dishonor?
To be honest, as I will be getting it comped, I will definitely check it out. However, if I had to pay full price, I don’t think I would necessarily go ahead and order it.
Ring of Honor isn’t something that I’ve ever had an opportunity to follow. The show has some matches on it that will undoubtedly be fun, but is it worth $40 when I’m already overloaded with too much wrestling as it is and I’m always looking to find entertainment outside of wrestling? That’s a tough call. If I were in a lot of other people’s shoes, I think I might pass on it, but I’ll be checking it out, for sure, and I’ll likely have a lot of fun watching it (and I’ll have live coverage here, so stay tuned!)
4) Maximum Male Models is already adding a female member in Max Dupri’s sister, Maxxine Dupri. Who do you think will be filling that role?
It 100% absolutely has to be Jinny. I guarantee it.
Not only does WWE want to change everyone’s names from what their real names are, or what they’re known by from their previous days (and her name is Jinny Sandhu), so she’d be getting a rename, but she’s been long on my list to go to the main roster. Jinny’s not appeared on NXT UK television in months and is dating Gunther. Going to SmackDown is a gimme, since those two are together, and I guess this is the best way they thought about bringing her in.
Granted, she’s been “the fashionista” and this is similar, in a sense, to that gimmick.
I still think it has a chance to bomb, but it is better than sitting on the sidelines. If it is anyone other than Jinny, I’ll be shocked.
5) Are you expecting anything to happen on Monday Night Raw tonight to signify the potential switch over to TV-14?
No. As far as I’m aware, it isn’t even 100% a done deal. That alone makes it less likely for there to be anything drastic, I think.
Even if it does say TV-14 at the beginning of the show, I’m expecting exactly the same program we’ve been seeing for years. At most, maybe one person says “shit” in the third hour during one of the endless promo segments.
There won’t be any more violent or sexual content, darker storylines or anything of the sort. It’ll all be much ado about nothing. But I hope I’m wrong and they at least do one thing to get people talking (and not lighting up Twitter with “WTF was that?!” chatter, mind you.)
Let us know your thoughts about these questions by answering them in the comments!