Here is the first thing that comes to mind with WWE NXT Takeover: Portland: “Man… what a card!”
Seriously, this card is stacked, and could be one of the best Takeover events on paper ever. That’s a strong statement, I know. Here is your look at the card, and my picks!
- There are four pages to this article in total, be sure to reach each so you don’t miss anything!
- Respond and share!
- This is supposed to be fun, let’s keep it that way!
- Email me by signing up here
- Hit me up on social media @ChairshotGreg
- Read Tony’s predictions here!
- Today is my birthday. Hit me up and wish me well! (Or not, that choice is yours…)
NXT Championship: Adam Cole (c) vs. Tommaso Ciampa
Two of the very best in the entire world (including the greatest wrestler walking God’s green earth, BAY BAY!) will battle it out for one of the true symbols of in-ring excellence, the NXT Championship.
The story here is, of course, Ciampa’s chase to regain “Goldie,” which he never really lost. Ciampa had to vacate the NXT Championship last spring, leading to a trilogy of contests between Johnny Gargano (who won the championship over WrestleMania 35 weekend) and the aforementioned G.O.A.T in Adam Cole (the current champion, and forever holder of my heart for reals).
This is going to be an absolute classic, and should close the show. You’re getting amazing in-ring action, and the bell-to-bell storytelling is going to be off the charts. I think Cole escapes as champion, setting things up for Ciampa to finally bring Goldie back to Daddy over WrestleMania weekend in Tampa.
Prediction: Adam Cole, BAY BAY