Welcome back to another Monday Morning Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) What are your predictions for NXT Roadblock?
- Roxanne Perez retains over Meiko Satomura.
- Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne goes to a no-contest, setting up a Last Woman Standing match at Stand & Deliver.
- Dragon Lee comes out to defend Shawn Michaels and gets set up for a match at Stand & Deliver against Grayson Waller.
- Bron Breakker and The Creed Brothers beat Indus Sher
- Joe Gacy beats Andre Chase
- I’m 50/50 on the Jailhouse Street Fight. At this particular moment, I think Tony D’Angelo is winning.
2) What was your top highlight and low point from AEW Revolution?
My highlight has to go to the Iron Man match. Right now, that’s my one and only candidate for Match of the Year. It will definitely go down as a benchmark performance for MJF’s career.
My low point was probably the TNT title match, to an extent. While I was glad Wardlow won, the match fell flatter than I was expecting. I guess that’s because it had the unfortunate position to follow the Texas Death Match. You’re not going to have a hot crowd for some basic action after that brawl.
That is, of course, if I don’t just count the Zero Hour as a low point for being kind of a waste of an hour. But when you go into it knowing that will likely be the case, you don’t judge it as harshly.
3) John Cena and Logan Paul are set to appear on Raw. Do you think we’ll get anything special beyond just confirmation of their WrestleMania matches against Austin Theory and Seth Rollins?
Nope. That might sound fatalist, but I wholly expect these two segments to be some rather standard affairs.
There will be promos. Maybe the Rollins and Paul situation will lead to a scuffle. I don’t think that will be the case with Theory/Cena. That will probably remain entirely verbal. At most, Cena hits an Attitude Adjustment on Theory and does the “I’ll see you at WrestleMania, champ” type thing to finish the segment.
I’m entirely down for there to be a twist or two to spice things up, but only if we still end up with these matches being confirmed. The last thing I want to see is someone fight Theory on Cena’s behalf and that this angle was just leading to using Cena to put someone else in that spot, for instance.
4) Who do you think will win the Fatal 5-Way No. 1 Contender’s Match to earn an intercontinental title shot against Gunther at WrestleMania?
I’m standing firm that this match will end in some sort of shenanigans which will see both Sheamus and Drew McIntyre in a draw. This should be a Triple Threat match with those two against Gunther. If it ends up just being one of them, it will be McIntyre, but why leave Sheamus out in the cold?
How do they pull off a draw in a match like this? I don’t think we’ll see both Sheamus and McIntyre get a pinfall at exactly the same time, unless it is on each other (like both shoulders are down). But maybe we get Sheamus and Drew locking LA Knight into a submission, together, and both try to take credit for a tap out?
5) Did you check out the first episode of ROH television? If so, what did you think about it? On the contrary, if you didn’t, why did you skip watching it?
I didn’t see the episode for a number of reasons. First and foremost, there is just too much wrestling going on throughout the week. I’m burned out and I don’t even watch Main Event, AEW Dark, AEW Dark: Elevation, Level Up or Rampage, let alone Impact or New Japan Strong or anything. To add another two hours to my week just to watch people that I’m not particularly invested in doesn’t appeal to me. I’m not as big on watching an onslaught of in-ring action unless you’re giving me the best possible matches, and I know I’m not getting that.
The second main reason I didn’t bother was because the spoilers are already out there. I don’t need to watch in order to be informed of what’s going on with the feuds. These aren’t such complicated feuds that I’m missing some major parts of the story.
Let us know your thoughts about these questions by answering them in the comments!
You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on eWrestlingNews.com. Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.