Welcome back to another Monday Morning Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) Test your predictive skills and flex your creative juices. What do you think we will get for the NXT Stand & Deliver card now that Vengeance Day is in the rear-view mirror?
- Carmelo Hayes will defeat Bron Breakker for the NXT Championship.
- Roxanne Perez will retain the NXT Women’s Championship likely over Cora Jade or Zoey Stark.
- Tony D’Angelo will beat Wes Lee to win the North American Championship. I think the plan was to do a Triple Threat also involving Dijak, but his broken finger will put him on the shelf and take him out of this match.
- Gallus wasn’t my first choice to win the tag team titles. Frankly, I’m at a loss for what they’ll do. Maybe it’s as simple as that they won’t be on the card.
- Alba Fyre and Isla Dawn will take the women’s tag titles from Fallon Henley and Kiana James.
- Apollo Crews will lose a singles grudge match against Dabba-Kato.
- I could see Dragon Lee getting a spotlight singles match against maybe someone like JD McDonagh.
2) There are 2 spots remaining in the United States Championship Elimination Chamber match and one more for the women’s. Who do you think will qualify?
- Piper Niven will beat Candice LeRae, Carmella and Michin
- Damian Priest will beat Angelo Dawkins
- Elias will beat Montez Ford
However, I think it is extremely odd Bobby Lashley isn’t involved in this. Part of me thinks someone is going to be taken out of the mix, or Lashley will be added to make Priest/Dawkins or Elias/Ford a Triple Threat, and it will be Lashley qualifying, instead.
3) Madcap Moss, Rey Mysterio, Karrion Kross and Santos Escobar are fighting to become No. 1 contender for the Intercontinental Championship. Who do you think will be Gunther’s next challenger?
I imagined Gunther’s next challenger would have been someone else, so I was surprised to see this happen. I just assumed Braun Strowman would fight him. But with this group, Madcap Moss makes the most sense to me if they’re looking for “just someone to put Gunther over”
The biggest marquee match that can possibly tell another story is if it is Rey Mysterio, and Dominik interferes to push that angle further. But why do that rerun with Gunther when you can have Dominik do something to Rey in any other fashion?
Since Kross and Escobar are heels, I just can’t see them against Gunther right now. But maybe Legado del Fantasma is in store for a babyface turn. That would be fun for them to feud with Imperium.
4) Samoa Joe won the TNT Championship back from Darby Allin. Do you think a returning Wardlow is the clear and obvious choice to next hold the TNT title, or do you think it will (or should) be someone else?
I’m absolutely sticking with Wardlow. I don’t think AEW wants to have him within range of a title shot against MJF for a long time, so putting the TNT title back on him keeps those two away from each other.
Frankly, I don’t know if they had had plans for Joe to win the title to begin with. It is very likely they put the belt on Joe for a temporary thing knowing that Wardlow would be out, and figured that would be the best method to kill some time and come back around to it. Then, they got the idea of doing this Darby Allin story as a detour.
If it isn’t Wardlow, I think Joe gets toppled by Ricky Starks or Jungle Boy. I’m not holding out hope anymore that Miro is coming back and being put in this type of position.
5) Jade Cargill is now 50-0. Who do you think she will/should eventually lose to?
I don’t think she should lose without at least beating Jamie Hayter to win the proper AEW Women’s World Championship. Do a Goldberg with her. Have her relinquish the TBS Championship undefeated. She’s the best option to beat Hayter other than switching it back to Britt Baker and doing that feud.
But once that’s done, and Cargill has a decent reign with the world title, she does eventually need to lose. With the current roster in mind, no one seems worthy.
If you NEED to give that win to someone currently on the team, I’d consider Anna Jay, but only if she turned babyface. My more favorite option, though, is that they’ll have signed someone else in the meantime who better serves getting that push.
I always thought Goldberg should have turned heel and lost his streak to Booker T. Let’s see the equivalent of “building a new top star” in AEW’s women’s division as the one who beats Cargill, rather than to just give the win to Hikaru Shida or Thunder Rosa, for instance.
Let us know your thoughts about these questions by answering them in the comments!
You can keep up with all your wrestling news right here on eWrestlingNews.com. Or, you can follow us over on our Twitter and Facebook pages.