As the month goes on, WWE will be announcing various Superstars as entrants for the men’s and women’s Royal Rumble matches, but we’re never going to know all 30 participants until the match is fully finished.
With that mystery in mind, one of the things I like to do every year is to try and see how many people I can predict and which names I’m dead wrong about.
This post will be keeping track of all the announced entrants, as well as my predictions of who might fill the remaining spots. I’ll be updating it any time someone new is announced or there is another tease of someone who might be in the mix for a place in the match, but I won’t be removing my original picks. That would just be cheating.
If I successfully pick them and they get confirmed, they’ll be moved to the “currently announced” section and designated with an *asterisk. But if someone gets announced that I got wrong, I’ll designate them with a ✖ symbol. It’s a big WWE roster to pull from, and there are always a few outsiders and legends who could pop up, too.
Over the next two weeks, keep checking back here as more people declare themselves for the match, more rumors circulate for surprises, and more Superstars stand out as potential competitors.
Without further ado, let’s start breaking down the 30 men and 30 women for the 2023 Royal Rumble matches!
Men’s Royal Rumble Match Entrants
- Austin Theory
- Baron Corbin
- Bobby Lashley
- Braun Strowman *
- Brock Lesnar *
- Cody Rhodes *
- Dominik Mysterio *
- Drew McIntyre *
- Karrion Kross *
- Kofi Kingston
- The Miz *
- Omos ✖
- Rey Mysterio
- Santos Escobar
- Seth Rollins
- Sheamus *
- Xavier Woods ✖
My predictions for the remainders:
- Bronson Reed
- Damian Priest
- Dexter Lumis
- Finn Balor
- Johnny Gargano – However, his injury might prevent him from doing it. In which case, any number of people could be subbed in at the last minute.
- Madcap Moss
- Matt Cardona – I’m taking a risk with this pick. It should probably go to Ridge Holland.
- Matt Riddle
- Nick Aldis – I’m taking a risk with this pick. It should probably go to Ridge Holland.
- Shinsuke Nakamura
However, if The Judgment Day get their tag team title shot at The Usos on this card, I could see those two who participate in that match not being in the Royal Rumble. In which case, I think that could very well be Dominik and Damian fighting for the tag titles, while Balor goes into the Royal Rumble match. In which case, that opens up two more spots, to which I’ll say those will be filled by Chad Gable and Dolph Ziggler.
The ones on my backup list, who I’m not officially counting toward my true predictions, would be:
- Angelo Dawkins / Montez Ford – They could fill in any spot at any time.
- Carmelo Hayes – I do REALLY think he has a shot at being in this, though.
- Cedric Alexander / Shelton Benjamin – With the potential Hurt Business reunion, they could certainly fill a spot or two. But there are bigger fish to fry.
- Chad Gable / Otis – They could fill in any spot at any time.
- Dolph Ziggler / Mustafa Ali – Either one could easily be in it.
- Gable Steveson – I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Jake Paul and/or Logan Paul – I think the plan would have been for Logan Paul to definitely be in this, but his injury could put a damper on that. Jake Paul might be able to fill in, but there might not be any actual deal in place for that, making it a long shot.
- JD McDonagh – NXT stars are always available, and they definitely like him.
- John Cena – He wouldn’t win the match, so why wouldn’t he just come back to WWE television on a random episode of Raw or SmackDown prior to WrestleMania? Still, he could pop up, eliminate Theory, and start a feud there.
- Keiji Muto / The Great Muta – Maybe WWE worked out a deal with lending Shinsuke Nakamura to NOAH?
- Omos – If we had been regularly seeing him lately, I’d trust that he would be in it. Maybe he’s injured. Perhaps they just want to repackage him or something.
- Randy Orton – Nothing indicates he’ll be back from his injury.
- Ridge Holland – He likely will be in the match, but I think it’s more interesting to predict the two other outsider picks, if not for fun’s sake.
- The Rock – The less buzz about his match with Roman Reigns, the less I think it will actually happen.
- Roderick Strong – Why has he been absent from NXT for so long? Is he leaving, injured, or were they just waiting for a main roster call-up?
- Tyson Fury – Never bank on a celebrity like him appearing. But it’s a possibility.
There are plenty other people who I think could possibly be in this, like a returning Rick Boogs or some other tag team members of different people like the rest of Legado del Fantasma, but there are just way too many other names on this list already. Not everyone can make it in the 30 spots.
For instance, I think we can rule out The Usos, Solo Sikoa, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens. They’ll probably just be involved in the title match. I also think Bray Wyatt and LA Knight are fine enough just being in the Pitch Black Match, rather than also appearing here.
A spot could easily go to a guy like Ludwig Kaiser, but it makes more sense for only Gunther to represent Imperium. Nobody’s going to think The Viking Raiders could win this match, so why not fill those two spots up with singles competitors? I think that will be WWE’s mindset.
Women’s Royal Rumble Match Entrants
- Bayley *
- Candice LeRae
- Dakota Kai *
- Emma *
- Iyo Sky *
- Lacey Evans *
- Liv Morgan
- Raquel Rodriguez
- Rhea Ripley
- Shayna Baszler *
- Xia Li *
- Zelina Vega ✖
My predictions for the remainders:
- Becky Lynch
- Beth Phoenix – Edge in the men’s. Beth in the women’s. Makes sense. She can potentially eliminate Rhea Ripley, too.
- Carmella – She’s been out for a while, with no signs that she’s coming back. But this is a big match, her star power could be useful, and I can just see it happening.
- Chelsea Green – Risky pick, but I do think she’s signed and will pop up here.
- Dana Brooke
- Deonna Purrazzo – Risky pick. Even riskier than Chelsea Green. But I’ll put it out there.
- Mia Yim
- Naomi – Yes, I do think she’ll have returned by this match. And I think she’ll turn heel soon enough and fight Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship at Elimination Chamber or maybe even WrestleMania. Hell, she could be a favorite to win.
- Nikki Cross
Nikkita LyonsOR Zoey Stark – I don’t think both will be in it, but I think both have an equal shot. If I get that right, I’ll give myself half credit for splitting the difference. (Update: Lyons is injured. She’s definitely not going to be in this.)
- Ronda Rousey
- Sonya Deville
- Tegan Nox
Of course, plenty other women are still on the table. There are some injuries to Aliyah and Shotzi which can prevent them from taking part.
B-Fab, Maxxine Dupri and Scarlett aren’t likely to compete, while Zelina Vega has a chance, but could still be ruled more of a manager.
Take your pick from the NXT women, too. I wouldn’t bat an eye at Blair Davenport, Cora Jade, Indi Hartwell, Ivy Nile or plenty others getting a spot.
Frankly, I used to think Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne were definitely going to be in it. Then, they got the women’s title match at Vengeance Day. Now, I think anyone fighting for a title on that show won’t be in this Royal Rumble, which is also why Bron Breakker and Grayson Waller aren’t in my men’s list.
Who do you think will take up the final spots? Drop your predictions in the comments below!