Welcome back to another Monday Morning Wrestling Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions for the wrestling Q&A that I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) What do you think 8:10:11 will be from NXT and what do you think of A-Kid being renamed Axiom?
I gave my thoughts previously here, but I’ll reiterate some of them again.
The Axiom gimmick sounds like it’ll be one of those lame attempts to insert character where there isn’t any, and they’ll drop it within 3-4 weeks of just casually mentioning it. The commentary team will be forced to cram in lines about how Axiom is finding the right angles for maneuvers and all, but they’ll all soon realize that’s not an actual character. Eventually, he’ll just be A-Kid again, but with the name Axiom, and no gimmick, similar to Duke Hudson no longer mentioning being a poker star.
8:10:11 is still baffling me. Some think it could be a two-day pay-per-view, but that would be August 10th and August 11th. Not only is it strange for Wednesday/Thursday to be special events, but why wouldn’t it be 8:10 and 8:11, if that were the case? Or 8/10 and 8/11? 8:10:11 reads more like 8:10pm with 11 seconds passing by.
Some think it stands for HJK. What could that possibly be? It’s not The Heart Jake Kid Shawn Michaels. No trademarks have come out that would indicate what HJK could stand for.
Others think Zoey Stark was gone for 8 months and 10 days, which that possibly factoring in.
Some think it is a Bible verse. I actually believe into that theory more than the others, and can imagine this is going to be replicated next week with another similar code that could point to another passage. I’m still curious why the url has br in it, too.
2) Speaking of Great American Bash, we have new women’s tag team champions. Roxanne Perez will fight Mandy Rose for the NXT Women’s Championship on the next episode. JD McDonagh is gunning for Bron Breakker’s NXT Championship. The Creed Bros and Carmelo Hayes retained their belts. Let’s reassess the title situation. Who do you think will be the next champions across the board?
- NXT Championship: Bron Breakker → Carmelo Hayes
- NXT Women’s Championship: Mandy Rose → Nikkita Lyons
- NXT North American Championship: Carmelo Hayes → Wes Lee or Damon Kemp
- NXT Tag Team Championship: The Creed Brothers → Von Wagner and someone who has yet to join Mr. Stone’s faction
- NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship: Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez → Tiffany Stratton and maybe Kiana James
3) Week 1 of Fyter Fest starts this Wednesday. As of this publication, 4 matches have been announced. Who do you think will win those matches?
- Serena Deeb will beat Anna Jay (this seems so arbitrary)
- Lucha Bros will beat Private Party
- Claudio Castagnoli will beat Jake Hager
- The Young Bucks will retain the AEW World Tag Team Championship over Swerve in Our Glory and Team Taz
4) Maximum Male Models appears to be a “love it or hate it” gimmick. Where do you stand?
I’m somewhat in the “meh, let’s see where this goes” territory right now. But if I had to go between those two extremes and pick one, I’d go more for loving it than hating it.
Mansoor had no character. He was just “the guy who was happy to be there and would pop up a few weeks prior to the Saudi Arabia shows with a smile on his face” and nothing more. Mace wasn’t even featured on SmackDown as a LOSER for nearly an entire year after being drafted and split from T-Bar, where they were only really fighting on Main Event, anyway.
This will definitely give them more of a chance to succeed. It’s not the best gimmick in the world, but it is at least SOMETHING. The name changes are a nice touch. They’re douchey in just the right way.
5) Who are you hoping will be the special guest referee in the upcoming tag team title match at SummerSlam between The Usos and The Street Profits?
And my last answer for this week’s wrestling Q&A. I keep seeing people suggesting Sami Zayn or Solo Sikoa. The problem with those is that this is supposed to be something that The Street Profits would want. They’re the ones with the gripe, as they are calling out the bad officiating. Why would they ever be okay with having an even less impartial judge like those two? One is sucking up to The Bloodline and the other is The Usos’ brother!
This feels like something WWE didn’t bother to think through. The gimmick should have been something that spices up the match itself, like 2-out-of-3 falls. If we didn’t just have Money in the Bank, a ladder match would have made sense, too, since that doesn’t require a referee that could mess things up.
I’m hoping the person they choose makes sense for Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins to want to have, so The Usos have their belts in jeopardy. If WWE has someone who will help The Usos win, that flies in direct opposition to the logic of this story. The trouble is that I can’t think of anyone who makes any sense as the referee and could be pro Street Profits.
Riddle should be busy already with Seth Rollins, for instance. It would be odd if Drew McIntyre is the choice and not just actually wrestling, particularly as he should have that No. 1 contender’s match with Sheamus, instead.
Maybe this is how they get Gable Steveson in? He was hanging around The Street Profits at WrestleMania and his name status (if you can even call it that anymore as it keeps waning with each passing month he’s doing nothing) could help draw for SummerSlam.
Let us know your thoughts on this wrestling Q&A by answering the questions in the comments!