Welcome back to another Monday Morning Q&A where I toss out some questions to get a feel of how you guys and gals are feeling about certain topics.
So here are 5 questions I’d like to toss out for this week. I’ll give my answers, too, but the key here is that I want to know what YOU think! So make sure you chime in!
1) Mustafa Ali requested his release from WWE. Where do you think he’ll show up next?
Since he spoke about how his message/goals extend beyond professional wrestling, I don’t think this is as straightforward as “he’ll get signed by AEW or another company and that’s that.” Rather, I think he wants to try to do more charitable and humanitarian work in some fashion.
However, he’s still a professional wrestler. That’s his bread and butter and how he’s been paying the bills over the years. While he could technically go back to being a cop or do some other career change, I think it would be odd to never see him pop up again under any wrestling organization, even for a one-shot.
My guess is we’ll see him somewhere on the indies, rather than AEW, New Japan, Impact or even NWA. That’ll be more of an appearance to pay the bills type thing while he sorts out the next stage of his career. But if AEW has the willingness to sign another person, that’s more than likely his ideal spot to go, not just because it’s the #2 company, but it allows freedom for outside projects and more creative control.
2) The men’s bracket for the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament has been unveiled. Who do you think wins it?
Woof. This is EASILY the worst this tournament has ever seen. It isn’t even remotely close. None of these teams feel like they would make good winners of the cup at this particular moment, even if they are indeed a good tag team. Legado del Fantasma, for instance, is a team I’m fond of, but they shouldn’t be fighting Imperium. MSK would just be running it back to a rematch, so why bother with the tournament all to get back to square one?
The most interesting outcome to me is The Creed Brothers. They’re heels, though, so I doubt they’ll win to fight Imperium. But at least then, I’d be interested in what they would do next.
I’m imagining Grizzled Young Veterans win this. They seem to be heading in a more babyface direction and they’re not only an established tag team and former champions, but people who haven’t worked opposite Imperium yet.
3) Lita started an angle (seemingly) on SmackDown with Charlotte Flair. Does it mean more to you that she’s in the Royal Rumble and that Flair is in there, too, or would you rather have had Lita vs. Flair for the title at the event with two of those Royal Rumble spots filled by other Superstars?
The latter. I don’t want to see Flair win the Royal Rumble again this year, nor do I want to see Lita win it. While that might seem well and good if “someone else” wins, it’s tricky. I don’t trust WWE won’t make 75% of the women’s match revolve around the idea that Flair will win it, and do a half-assed version of Brock Lesnar’s 2020 Royal Rumble spot. That’s not something I’m interested in, either.
Since I have zero faith Lita will win it, nor would I mark out over Lita vs. Flair being set up for WrestleMania, I would much rather have preferred the title match with two more women being in the Royal Rumble. Those two spots could have been given to legends or returning stars in some fashion, or even just spotlighting two more women from NXT.
4) RK-Bro dropped the Raw Tag Team Championship. When do you think they officially split as a duo and start to feud?
If I had it my way, there would be just a little tension tonight on Raw. Then, at Royal Rumble, Riddle would somehow eliminate Orton, either accidentally or with the “every man for himself” mentality. That would be the bigger spark toward having them feud. But Orton has to pull the trigger with an RKO on Riddle on an episode of Raw sometime in February.
Elimination Chamber might make that difficult to do quite yet, though. If the Raw side of the men’s division has anything to do with that cage, we might see both Riddle and Orton in it. I don’t want to see those two fighting each other there, as I want to keep them apart as long as possible to WrestleMania doesn’t get spoiled in advance. I hate it when WWE does a match, then tries to have it happen more times and pitches it as anything but “yet another rematch, but on a different stage.”
5) Aliyah broke a Guinness World Record for the fastest women’s match in WWE history this past SmackDown. What record would you like to see broken next, and by whom?
Here’s the list, for anyone interested. After searching through that, the ones I’d like to see broken next would be one of the following:
- Longest time to hold the Money in the Bank briefcase – I really want someone to hold it an entire year. Give it to them at the pay-per-view, have them start to panic when they’re running out of time, so they need to find a means to cash-in, but they keep realizing it’s not the right time. Then, it’s Money in the Bank the next year, and they have a ticking clock to use it by the end of the night.
- Largest roster in a WWE wrestling videogame – Even though I don’t play the games, I’d love for all the weird contracts and such to go away so fans who do play can get all these legends and wrestlers in other companies without having to create them themselves.
Let us know your thoughts about these questions by answering them in the comments!