WWE Halftime Heat 2019 will be airing during halftime of Super Bowl LIII as a special event on the WWE Network, featuring arguably the top six talents in NXT clashing in a six-man tag team match.
This post will be both provide the results of the special event as well as my initial impressions and reactions throughout the match, followed by a review and a post-show recap podcast.
Six-Man Tag Team Match: Aleister Black, Ricochet and Velveteen Dream vs. Adam Cole, Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa
- Well they just started off with Aleister Black’s entrance and very little fanfare, minus the short little NXT promo ahead of time. I guess they want to make sure they get this in.
- I’ve already spotted Jessamyn Duke in the crowd.
- “To compare that man to me would be to limit his ceiling, he’s that good.” – Shawn Michaels says this about Velveteen Dream. Now that’s putting someone over on commentary, wow.
- Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this the first time Jessika Carr has refereed a men’s match? I can’t remember any other time offhand.
- I’m digging Michaels on commentary. He feels pretty natural and you can tell the NXT kids mean a lot to him.
- Adam Cole’s Panama Sunrise is a thing of beauty.
RESULTS: Aleister Black, Ricochet and Velveteen Dream win by pinfall
REVIEW: No complaints about this as far as a regular match goes. You put six of the best people in NXT together in the ring and they’re going to deliver. It wasn’t anything amazing, but I still enjoyed it, and it was better than getting nothing, right? That’s still a win.
For more opinions on the show as a whole, check out the latest edition of the Smark Out Moment wrestling podcast SMACK TALK as the panel reviews Halftime Heat with our immediate thoughts following the event.
Make sure to subscribe and leave your comments and ratings!
Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!