Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE programming for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the breaking news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- A double contract signing for Asuka vs. Sasha Banks and Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler started the show.
- Big Show had a promo with Ric Flair about the Randy Orton feud that wasn’t much more than a repeat of what has already been said, outside of Angel Garza and Andrade having heat with Big Show. The Viking Raiders then lost a tag team match to Andrade and Garza by pinfall.
- The IIconics made fun of Ruby Riott backstage and called Liv Morgan (who wasn’t there) a loser, too. Riott later lost by pinfall to Peyton Royce.
- R-Truth won the 24/7 Championship back from Akira Tozawa by pinfall.
- There was another segment between Seth Rollins and Rey Mysterio (with all the other parties involved) that was pretty much exactly the same as what has been happening lately. Rollins talked about Rey being a sacrifice for the greater good. The babyfaces said they’d get revenge. People fought and after Rollins and Murphy beat Aleister Black and Humberto Carrillo by pinfall, they threatened to take out an eye, but didn’t get the job done.
- Big Show beat Andrade and Angel Garza by pinfall in a handicap match.
- MVP beat Apollo Crews by pinfall. Then, Bobby Lashley beat Ricochet by submission after he and Cedric Alexander came out to fight off Lashley and MVP.
- Dolph Ziggler and Sasha Banks beat Drew McIntyre and Asuka in the main event by pinfall.
NXT GREAT AMERICAN BASH NIGHT 1
- Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Elimination Match: Tegan Nox defeated Candice LeRae, Mia Yim and Dakota Kai
- Damian Priest has challenged Cameron Grimes to a match.
- Timothy Thatcher defeated Oney Lorcan by submission.
- Handicap Match: Rhea Ripley defeated Aliyah and Robert Stone by submission.
- Strap Match: Dexter Lumis defeated Roderick Strong by submission.
- Backstage, Candice LeRae and Mia Yim got into a fight, which saw Johnny Gargano and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott get involved, too.
- Santos Escobar (along with Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde) cut a promo that was interrupted by Drake Maverick, who was helped by Breezango to even the odds.
- Io Shirai defeated Sasha Banks by pinfall
- Bianca Belair defeated Billie Kay by pinfall.
FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- After Michael Cole interviewed Matt Riddle and the segment was interrupted by King Corbin, Riddle defeated John Morrison by pinfall.
- AJ Styles retained the Intercontinental Championship over Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks had a promo and video package about how great they are, which was interrupted by Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross. Bayley then beat Bliss by disqualification when Cross interfered. They will fight next week in tag team non-title action.
- Shinsuke Nakamura beat Kofi Kingston by pinfall. Nakamura and Cesaro will have a tag title match against The New Day next week.
- Sheamus had a toast for Jeff Hardy with a bartender and a full supply of booze. Hardy attacked the bartender to end SmackDown.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Matt Martel by disqualification. Tony Nese made the save to set up a tag team match. Scott and Nese then defeated Ever-Rise by pinfall.
- Legado del Fantasma (Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde) defeated Leon Ruff and Liam Gray by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!