Welcome to the first edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- No Way Jose defeated Mojo Rawley
- Kalisto and Gran Metalik of The Lucha House Party defeated Eric Young and EC3
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Braun Strowman wrecked both the Raw and SmackDown tag team champions all by himself. Dash Wilder joked on Twitter about how “One day we, as a division, will learn that Braun will always kick our ass. [sic]”
- The O.C. defeated Cedric Alexander and The Viking Raiders in a six-man tag team match.
- Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs defeated R-Truth for the 24/7 Championship. R-Truth then won it back and they called a truce.
- Baron Corbin defeated Chad Gable to win the King of the Ring tournament.
- During her gender reveal party, Maria Kanellis said the baby is a boy, but the father is Ricochet. This prompted Mike Kanellis to slap Ricochet and challenge him to a match. Ricochet denied it, won the match, and was exonerated when Maria clarified that she was just trying to get Mike to man up. Rusev then returned and Mike tried to run from the inevitable fight, but lost a second match in a row, this time tapping out to The Bulgarian Brute.
- Rey Mysterio defeated Cesaro by pinfall.
- AOP was given the same vignette on Raw and SmackDown about how they haven’t been wrestling because they hurt too many people and nobody wants to work with them. They are putting the WWE tag team division on notice.
- Bayley and Sasha Banks defeated Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross by submission.
- Lacey Evans defeated Dana Brooke by submission with a Sharpshooter so as to keep her feud with Natalya going.
- Seth Rollins defeated Robert Roode by disqualification due to Dolph Ziggler getting involved. The O.C. then also joined in the attack. Everyone was thwarted off by Demon Kane, until The Fiend attacked and put him down with a Mandible Claw. Bray Wyatt, who had spent the whole night from the start playing mind games with Seth Rollins, ended the night by making the universal champion cower in the corner of the ring.
WWE SMACKDOWN LIVE
- The New Day defeated Randy Orton and The Revival in a six-man tag team match.
- Afterward, Brock Lesnar came out to the ring with Paul Heyman. They challenged Kofi Kingston to a WWE Championship match on the Fox debut of SmackDown, coming October 4th. Kingston accepted and Lesnar promptly laid him out with an F-5.
- Ali and Shinsuke Nakamura didn’t have their match, as Sami Zayn aided Nakamura in attacking Ali before the bell rang.
- Kevin Owens has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against Shane McMahon. If Owens wins the case, he will be awarded $25 million, be reinstated to SmackDown and will be able to personally fire Shane.
- Charlotte Flair beat Sasha Banks by disqualification when Bayley interfered. Carmella helped Flair fight them off, which confused Bayley, as those two are/were close friends.
- Baron Corbin spent his coronation as King of the Ring making short jokes about Chad Gable, who then attacked him. Gable ripped the robe and broke the scepter in half, destroyed the throne and stomped on the crown.
- Heavy Machinery defeated The B-Team by pinfall.
- Erick Rowan spoke to Michael Cole about how he has been disrespected and overlooked. Everyone always thinks of him as a puppet. Daniel Bryan later cut a promo about how he thought they were friends and he always saw his potential and he never lied to the WWE Universe, ever. Rowan complained that Bryan never really thought of him as his equal. He and Luke Harper beat down Bryan, along with Roman Reigns, who tried to help join the fight. The Bludgeon Brothers destroyed much of the ringside area and finished the show by putting Bryan through the commentary table.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Lince Dorado beat Ariya Daivari by pinfall.
- Gentleman Jack Gallagher beat The Brian Kendrick by disqualification when Kendrick hit Gallagher with a kendo stick. A confused Akira Tozawa tried to stop him, but Kendrick hit Tozawa, too. Kendrick is now a heel and is no longer partnered with Tozawa, we can assume.
- With some help from Drew Gulak causing a distraction, Tony Nese defeated Oney Lorcan by pinfall.
- Travis Banks defeated Tyson T-Bone
- Rhea Ripley defeated Debbie Keitel
- Joseph Conners defeated Kenny Williams
- Kassius Ohno defeated Sid Scala in a British Rounds Match
- Candice LeRae defeated Bianca Belair, Io Shirai and Mia Yim in a Fatal 4-Way to become the No. 1 contender for the NXT Women’s Championship. She will face Shayna Baszler in two weeks when NXT goes head to head with AEW.
- Cameron Grimes squashed Sean Maluta in one move.
- Roderick Strong defeated Velveteen Dream to win the North American Championship.
- Pete Dunne defeated Arturo Ruas by submission.
- Xia Li defeated Aliyah by pinfall.
- Imperium made their presence known in NXT by attacking Denzel Dejournette. Kushida fought off all four members of Imperium and got away unharmed.
- Lio Rush returned to action and defeated Oney Lorcan to become the No. 1 contender for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.
- Matt Riddle and Killian Dain ended the show with a street fight that was ruled a no-contest when the rest of the roster started to brawl.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Starrcade will be returning December 1st. It will be another live event special for the WWE Network similar to Smackville and The Shield’s Final Chapter, rather than a traditional event like Survivor Series a few days beforehand.
- WWE extended Jeff Hardy’s career by a year to compensate for the time he spent away from his injuries.
- The rumored title of the FS1 studio show is WWE Backstage.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!