Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Eric Young defeated No Way Jose by pinfall.
- Ricochet defeated Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Rusev and Lana had their divorce proceedings. They signed the papers and Rusev said he wanted a match with Bobby Lashley at TLC. They will fight in a Tables Match, as Rusev put Lashley through a table. (Typical WWE booking around TLC).
- Throughout the night, Kevin Owens was looking for AOP. Rey Mysterio gave him his lead pipe for protection. Eventually, a trap by Seth Rollins was laid and he, along with AOP, beat Owens down and sent him to a hospital.
- Drew McIntyre beat Matt Hardy by pinfall.
- The Viking Raiders beat The Street Profits (who answered their open challenge) by pinfall.
- Becky Lynch turned down Charlotte Flair’s idea of teaming up against The Kabuki Warriors. Then, Lynch beat Asuka and Kairi Sane by disqualification when they used a chair and a table against her. That turned the tide and they are now open to teaming with each other. Then, The Kabuki Warriors attacked Flair backstage and they had two more segments to set up that this would clearly be a TLC match.
- Aleister Black defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall.
- After Andrade flipped out backstage during Humberto Carrillo’s interview, they had a match and Carrillo won by pinfall.
- Buddy Murphy beat Zack Ryder by pinfall.
- A jobber tried to get a count-out victory over Erick Rowan by running out of the ring, grabbing the cage and placing it near the stage. However, instead, Rowan beat the tar out of him and the referee had to stop the match.
- With some help from a distraction by Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio retained the United States Championship over AJ Styles with no time left on the broadcast, so it immediately cut off after the pin.
- Angel Garza won the NXT Cruiserweight Championship by defeating Lio Rush by submission.
- Raul Mendoza defeated Cameron Grimes by pinfall.
- Travis Banks defeated Jaxson Ryker by pinfall.
- Dakota Kai defeated Mia Yim by pinfall.
- Breezango defeated The Singh Brothers by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair defeated Kayden Carter by pinfall.
- Finn Balor beat Keith Lee and Tommaso Ciampa in a Triple Threat match to become the No. 1 contender and will face Adam Cole next week for the NXT Championship.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Isla Dawn by pinfall. Ray cut a promo afterward about Piper Niven and Toni Storm. Both came out for a fight and Ray escaped. Sid Scala then announced a Triple Threat for the NXT UK Women’s Championship at TakeOver: Blackpool II.
- Jordan Devlin showed clips of other people beating Tyler Bate.
- Eddie Dennis attacked Michael May to send a message to Trent Seven.
- Noam Dar will face Tyler Bate next week.
- Ridge Holland defeated Jack Starz by pinfall.
- Amir Jordan has been medically cleared to return to action and will team with Kenny Williams next week.
- Gallus and Imperium fought to a no-contest after Grizzled Young Veterans tried to steal the titles and South Wales Subculture came out to join a 4-way brawl. It was then announced all four teams will fight for the tag titles at TakeOver.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross defeated Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville by pinfall.
- Heavy Machinery tried to give Sami Zayn a Christmas ham for a Secret Santa gift. Zayn, a vegan, didn’t appreciate that and flipped out. Later, Cesaro (who threw the ham on the floor, upsetting Otis) and Shinsuke Nakamura beat Heavy Machinery by pinfall.
- The Revival beat Mustafa Ali and Shorty G by pinfall.
- Elias made fun of Bayley by singing a song about her haircut making her look like a dude. Since Dana Brooke was laughing about it, Bayley challenged her to a match and rather quickly beat her.
- The Miz was interviewed by Renee Young about the Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan feud and his match at TLC. Maryse called out for him and they checked their baby monitor to see that Wyatt had put a creepy doll in Monroe’s crib. On Firefly Fun House, Wyatt said he could teach The Miz how to not feel love anymore and complimented The Marine 5.
- Kofi Kingston was set to face King Corbin, which turned into a tag team match that The New Day won by disqualification when Corbin and Dolph Ziggler handcuffed Kingston and, with the help of The Revival and Corbin’s cohorts, beat them down. Roman Reigns then came out to save the day and fought everyone off.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Raul Mendoza defeated Ariya Daivari by pinfall.
- Joaquin Wilde defeated James Tapia by pinfall.
- Tony Nese defeated Danny Burch by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Luke Harper, Sin Cara and The Ascension were released.
- Batista and nWo were confirmed for the WWE Hall of Fame class of 2020.
- Robert Roode and Primo were suspended for 30 days for violating the Wellness Policy.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!