Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Titus O’Neil defeated Eric Young in a dark match before Raw that may not have been for Main Event.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Seth Rollins started the show saying that he is a visionary and everyone needs to get on board with his leadership. If they aren’t, AOP will take care of them. He also apologized in advance for what he would do later.
- The O.C. beat The Viking Raiders by pinfall.
- Erick Rowan beat Dante Leon by pinfall.
- A vignette aired for Liv Morgan. She’s going to “destroy herself” so that “the real her” can emerge.
- Lana asked Bobby Lashley to ask her to marry him. She said yes.
- A gauntlet match took up the majority of the show, with the winner set to receive a United States Championship shot. Akira Tozawa beat R-Truth. Tozawa then lost to Ricochet, who also beat Matt Hardy. Humberto Carrillo beat Ricochet. Then, Andrade attacked Carrillo and gave him a DDT on the exposed concrete. Carrillo was carted off and no bell rang, nor was there any announcement that Andrade had “won” the match. Rey Mysterio came out to check up on Carrillo as Andrade and Zelina Vega left. Then, Seth Rollins and AOP attacked Mysterio. Following that, Rollins challenged Mysterio to a United States title match next week and Mysterio accepted (good lord, WWE sure hates logical booking)
- Asuka defeated Deonna Purrazzo (from NXT, if you’re unaware) by submission.
- Becky Lynch spoke about how she’s never beaten Asuka and she needs to prove herself.
- Randy Orton beat AJ Styles by pinfall. Then, The O.C. attacked Orton.
- Adam Cole retained the NXT Championship over Finn Balor due in part to a returning Johnny Gargano causing a distraction.
- Damian Priest defeated Killian Dain by pinfall.
- Cameron Grimes beat Kushida by pinfall.
- Io Shirai beat Santana Garrett by pinfall.
- Pete Dunne beat Travis Banks by pinfall.
- Rhea Ripley won the NXT Women’s Championship from Shayna Baszler by pinfall.
- Amir Jordan and Kenny Williams defeated Pretty Deadly
- Trent Seven cut a promo about Eddie Dennis, who hit him in the head with a microphone.
- Jinny defeated Amale. After the match, Jinny wanted Jazzy Gabert to keep attacking Amale, but Jazzy eventually stopped and walked off.
- In 2 weeks, Alexander Wolfe will fight Ilja Dragunov in a No Disqualification match.
- Tyler Bate beat Noam Dar. Jordan Devlin had a stare down with Bate after the match.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Mandy Rose gave Otis a ham and a kiss on the cheek for Secret Santa. The ham got ruined in a Miracle on 34th Street Fight that Heavy Machinery won over The Revival. Otis apologized, but Mandy said it was okay and gave him a hug and was promptly covered in his sweat and grossed out.
- Braun Strowman wanted an Intercontinental Championship shot for Secret Santa, but Sami Zayn backed out.
- Carmella beat Sonya Deville by submission.
- The New Day beat Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall. Then, Strowman helped them fight off a 3-on-1 attack from Cesaro, Nakamura and Zayn.
- Bayley beat Dana Brooke by pinfall. After the match, they got into it again (along with Sasha Banks) and Lacey Evans came out for a fight.
- The Miz and Daniel Bryan beat King Corbin and Dolph Ziggler by submission with Ziggler tapped out. The show ended with Bray Wyatt’s laughter.
WWE 205 LIVE
- This was a “best of the year” recap episode. The same will happen next week.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- It turns out Primo Colon was suspended not for failing his Wellness Policy test, but for not taking it at all. He clarified that he’s been in Puerto Rico and WWE wanted him to fly to America to take the test. He offered to take it in PR, but nobody got back to him about where, and two months later, they just failed him for not taking it.
- The New Day and The Street Profits signed contract extensions.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!