Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Kevin Owens beat Mojo Rawley in a No Disqualification match by pinfall. Afterward, he called out AOP and Seth Rollins, who beat him down.
- Akira Tozawa won the 24/7 Championship from R-Truth. Later in the night, Tozawa lost the title to Santa Claus, who then lost it back to R-Truth.
- Bobby Lashley beat Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Drew McIntyre beat Zack Ryder by pinfall, beat up Curt Hawkins as well, and cut a promo about how 2020 belongs to him.
- Becky Lynch challenged Asuka in order to settle the score because she’s never beaten her before.
- Aleister Black and Buddy Murphy both beat jobbers. Then, Black nailed Murphy with a Black Mass. They’ll fight next week.
- Ricochet beat Tony Nese by pinfall.
- Charlotte Flair made Chelsea Green (from NXT) tap out with the Figure Eight.
- The O.C. defeated Randy Orton and The Viking Raiders by pinfall.
- Erick Rowan squashed Travis Horn by pinfall.
- Rusev beat No Way Jose by pinfall and partied with him, but not before cutting a promo about how the worst punishment for Bobby Lashley is allowing him to marry Lana on Rusev Day.
- Rey Mysterio retained the United States Championship over Seth Rollins by disqualification after AOP got involved. They continued to beat down Mysterio after the match and were about to put him through the commentary table, but Samoa Joe refused to move. As a result, they attacked Joe and put him through the table instead.
- Roderick Strong retained the North American Championship over Austin Theory by submission.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Gentleman Jack Gallagher by pinfall.
- Candice LeRae defeated Taynara by pinfall.
- Dominik Dijakovic defeated Bronson Reed by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair defeated Shotzi Blackheart by pinfall.
- Keith Lee and Lio Rush defeated Tony Nese and Damian Priest by pinfall.
- This was a Best of 2019 recap.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- It took multiple attempts, but the Triple Threat match between King Corbin, The Miz and Daniel Bryan finally went down with Bryan winning after making The Miz tap out. Bryan will fight The Fiend at Royal Rumble for the Universal Championship.
- Carmella beat Mandy Rose by pinfall. Sonya Deville was busy signing stuff backstage and didn’t come out to be in Mandy’s corner, just like Mandy was too busy last week getting Otis sweat off her dress to accompany Sonya.
- Otis apologized for that by giving Mandy a fruit cake. Later, Dolph Ziggler was hitting on Mandy and decided to stop on the cake. Later still, Otis stumbled upon the smashed cake on the floor and got his feelings hurt.
- The New Day and Braun Strowman beat Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura and Sami Zayn by pinfall and then celebrated in the ring with a dance.
- Lacey Evans spoke (on A Moment of Bliss with Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross) about Sasha Banks getting in the face of her kid last week. Banks and Bayley drug Dana Brooke out from the back and they had a tag team match. Banks made Brooke tap out, so The Boss and Bayley defeated Evans and Brooke by submission.
WWE 205 LIVE
- This was also a Best of 2019 recap.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!