Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Chelsea Green defeated Sarah Logan
- Mojo Rawley defeated No Way Jose
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Kevin Owens started the show with a promo. Seth Rollins and AOP attacked him. Samoa Joe came out to help. Later, all five of them were escorted out of the arena.
- Aleister Black beat Buddy Murphy by pinfall.
- Erick Rowan beat Kip Stevens by pinfall.
- Charlotte Flair officially announced her inclusion in the Royal Rumble and gave out an open challenge to the locker room, which Natalya answered. Natalya tapped out to Flair’s Figure Eight.
- The Street Profits beat The O.C. by pinfall again.
- Drew McIntyre beat both Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins by pinfall.
- Randy Orton gave some insight into his injury, saying he might never be able to wrestle again. AJ Styles came out to taunt him and took an RKO for his efforts, as Orton was faking it.
- Andrade beat up a jobber and Ricochet stopped him. Then, Andrade beat Ricochet by pinfall.
- The wedding between Lana and Bobby Lashley was interrupted by Lana’s “first husband” and Lashley’s “first wife” and then Liv Morgan (who is in love with Lana) and Rusev (who was hiding in the giant cake).
- This episode was the NXT Year-End Awards for 2019 and the announcement of the teams who will compete in the next Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament.
- Dave Mastiff defeated Kona Reeves by pinfall.
- Toni Storm cut a promo about losing her title to Kay Lee Ray. It got in her head and sent her to a dark place and made her go a little crazy. She owes Piper Niven an apology. Niven came out and Storm said she was sorry for the way she acted recently, but she also needs a favor: she wants Niven to step aside and let her fight Kay Lee Ray on her own and as soon as she becomes champion, she’ll be the first contender. Niven says she’s sorry, but no and headbutts Storm to start a brawl.
- Kassius Ohno defeated Ligero by submission.
- Ashton Smith and Oliver Carter defeated Dorian Mak and Riddick Moss by pinfall.
- Ilja Dragunov defeated Alexander Wolfe by pinfall in a No Disqualification match.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Lacey Evans and Dana Brooke won a Triple Threat tag team match against Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross as well as Bayley and Sasha Banks when Brooke pinned Banks.
- Elias will be in the Royal Rumble. So will Roman Reigns, who plans on winning and facing Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania after Bryan beats Bray Wyatt for the Universal Championship.
- The New Day tried to cheer up The Miz, only for The Miz to challenge Kofi Kingston to a match. Kingston won by pinfall and The Miz attacked him afterward and seems to have turned heel. Later, Cathy Kelley tried to get a word from him about what he did and John Morrison popped out of The Miz’s locker room to tell Cathy that The Miz had nothing else to say tonight.
- Shorty G tried to tell The Revival to not let anyone’s criticism about them get to them, just as he is past being upset when people tease him about his size. His new slogan is “rise above size” and after they teased him, they had a match. Shorty G beat Dash Wilder by submission and was attacked by The Revival afterward. Sheamus then came out and hit Shorty G with a Brogue Kick.
- Otis defeated Drew Gulak by pinfall.
- Braun Strowman beat Cesaro by pinfall and was hit with a Kinshasa by Shinsuke Nakamura after the match.
- The Fiend attacked Daniel Bryan during his tag team match with Roman Reigns against King Corbin and Dolph Ziggler. Then, The Usos returned to save Reigns from Corbin and Ziggler.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Ariya Daivari defeated Danny Burch by pinfall after a distraction by The Brian Kendrick who cut a promo after the match about how he founded the cruiserweight division.
- The Singh Brothers defeated Corey Storm and Anthony Wayne by pinfall.
- Angel Garza defeated Tony Nese by pinfall.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!