Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Cedric Alexander defeated Eric Young.
- Shelton Benjamin defeated Akira Tozawa.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre inserted himself into the Randy Orton and AJ Styles feud. McIntyre then defeated both of them in a Triple Threat match by pinning Styles.
- Ricochet beat Mojo Rawley by pinfall.
- Charlotte Flair made Sarah Logan tap out to the Figure-Eight.
- R-Truth interrupted a promo from Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar to say he intended to toss Heyman out of the Royal Rumble. After they clarified it was Lesnar who would compete, not Heyman, R-Truth backtracked his comments. Lesnar clotheslined Truth and hit him with an F-5. Mojo Rawley capitalized on this and won the 24/7 Championship.
- Bobby Lashley defeated Rusev by pinfall. At the end of the match, Liv Morgan came out and Lana threw a drink at her and tossed her into the security barricade. Then, it was announced that they would compete in a mixed tag team match next week and this upset Lashley, who is frustrated he’s going to have to beat Rusev again while taking care of Lana in the process.
- The Viking Raiders had an open challenge and beat The Singh Brothers by pinfall.
- Asuka spit green mist in Becky Lynch’s face during their contract signing. Lynch cut a promo about how she might be heading into a buzzsaw, but she’s going to take her down with her.
- Andrade and Zelina Vega talked trash about Rey Mysterio, who will step up next week and try to win the United States Championship in a ladder match against Andrade.
- Aleister Black beat Buddy Murphy for the third time by pinfall. A distraught Murphy sat ringside for the rest of the night.
- Erick Rowan beat a jobber by pinfall. Rowan tried to reach into his cage to get whatever creature is inside it, but it bit him and caused his hand to bleed.
- Seth Rollins and AOP won the fist fight with Big Show, Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe, which was just a standard Street Fight minus the pinfall and submission options. Seth Rollins approached Buddy Murphy and asked him to help them out and he obliged, joining the stable.
- Keith Lee kicked off the show with a promo about his match next week against Roderick Strong. The Undisputed ERA attacked him until Tommaso Ciampa ran them off. Later in the night, Ciampa cut his own promo on Adam Cole’s title and they attacked again, with Johnny Gargano making the save. Finally, outside the arena, when Gargano and Ciampa were being interviewed, The Undisputed ERA came over for another fight and Lee joined the fray, tossing security guards around while the faction left.
- Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne advanced to round 2 of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic by beating Mark Andrews and Flash Morgan Webster by pinfall.
- Grizzled Young Veterans beat Alex Shelley and Kushida by pinfall to advance to round 2 of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott won a Triple Threat match against Lio Rush and Tyler Breeze to earn a spot in a Fatal 4-Way at Worlds Collide for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship.
- Bianca Belair won a battle royal to earn a title shot for TakeOver: Portland. Noteworthy moments included Tegan Nox’s return, which was spoiled by Dakota Kai, the return of Kacy Catanzaro, Mercedes Martinez in action, Shayna Baszler being eliminated by Shotzi Blackheart and that Io Shirai was the runner-up.
- Joseph Conners defeated A-Kid.
- Dave Mastiff defeated Kassius Ohno.
- Next week, Ligero will face Jordan Devlin and The Brian Kendrick will face Travis Banks for the two remaining spots in the Worlds Collide Fatal 4-Way for the Cruiserweight Championship.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Kane cut a promo on the Royal Rumble and Bray Wyatt interrupted with a Firefly Fun House. He then was about to attack Kane, but Daniel Bryan jumped The Fiend instead and would later challenge him to make their match at Royal Rumble a strap match.
- John Morrison defeated Big E by pinfall.
- The Usos defeated The Revival by pinfall.
- Lacey Evans attacked Bayley and Sasha Banks backstage. Bayley was forced to replace Banks in a non-title match against Evans, which Evans won. Because of that, Evans now has a match against Bayley for the title at Royal Rumble.
- Sonya Deville suggested that Mandy Rose is being nice to Otis because he helped her win and wanted the same thing for herself. However, Deville lost to Alexa Bliss as she got distracted by Otis catching Mandy when she was falling.
- Shorty G won a quick backstage fight with Sheamus after The Celtic Warrior interrupted Shorty G’s interview with the new broadcast correspondent, Alyse Ashton. They will have a match at Royal Rumble.
- Braun Strowman announced that he will enter the Royal Rumble and said that since he’s beaten Shinsuke Nakamura, he wants an intercontinental title shot.
- Elias was interrupted by Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro. Zayn said Strowman wasn’t going to get a title opportunity. The three of them attacked Elias and Strowman came out to help run them off.
- Roman Reigns defeated Robert Roode in a tables match and was granted the ability to pick a stipulation for his match against King Corbin. Reigns chose Falls Count Anywhere.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Tyler Breeze defeated Ariya Daivari by pinfall.
- Lio Rush defeated Sunil Singh by pinfall.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- There is a Young Rock television series in the works that would focus on Dwayne Johnson’s childhood.
- Corbin, Kentucky temporarily changed its name to King Corbin, Kentucky.
- Triple H riled up criticism for a joke he made about Paige in the post-show media coverage of TakeOver: Blackpool II. He apologized.
- Rocky Johnson passed away.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!