Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Sarah Logan defeated Deonna Purrazzo
- Riddick Moss defeated Cedric Alexander
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Drew McIntyre will challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. Following that promo, McIntyre beat both Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson in a handicap match by pinfall. Then, Lesnar attacked McIntyre and hit him with an F-5.
- Rey Mysterio defeated MVP by pinfall.
- Aleister Black squashed Kenneth Johnson by pinfall. After the match, Black said he’s going to be the one picking fights from now on.
- Seth Rollins and Buddy Murphy retained the Raw Tag Team Championship over Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe by pinfall. Joe was taken out of the match for an injury which, by all accounts, seems kayfabe.
- Humberto Carrillo defeated Andrade by disqualification, so he didn’t win the title. After the match, Carrillo put Andrade out of commission with a DDT on the exposed concrete as a means to write the champion off television for his 30-day Wellness Policy suspension.
- Charlotte Flair chose not to say who she’ll be challenging at WrestleMania. The Kabuki Warriors came out and attacked her, which led to a match where Flair beat Asuka by disqualification.
- Kelly Kelly was hanging out backstage with The Street Profits. Nothing came out of it.
- Riddick Moss is now a partner of Mojo Rawley and will act as his “offensive lineman” to help block people from winning the 24/7 Championship. Rawley beat No Way Jose by pinfall, but then lost the title to R-Truth, who was posing as a member of the conga line. Moss blocked Truth from getting away and it allowed Rawley to win the title back.
- Liv Morgan beat Lana by pinfall in under 3 minutes.
- Erick Rowan beat a jobber named Branden Vice by pinfall.
- Edge’s return speech was an emotional ride. Randy Orton eventually came out and after touting Edge as the guy who would keep him from digging holes that were too deep, tossed out the idea that Rated RKO should team up again. Then, he hit Edge with an RKO and attacked him with a chair, ending the night with a con-chair-to.
- Finn Balor defeated Trent Seven by pinfall.
- Twice in the night, there was a tease for something happening on February 5, 2020. It may be the return of Velveteen Dream.
- Shotzi Blackheart (who came to the ring in a miniature tank, which was awesome) defeated Deonna Purrazzo by pinfall.
- Keith Lee’s promo was interrupted by Damian Priest and Dominik Dijakovic, who want to be in the hunt for the North American Championship. This led to a match wherein Dijakovic beat Priest by pinfall.
- Tommaso Ciampa took out Roderick Strong, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly backstage. He then dragged a table to the ring, spray painted a yellow X on it and called for Adam Cole to come to the ring so he could kick his ass, put him through the table and sign a contract for a title match at TakeOver: Portland. Cole came out, followed by William Regal. They had been in his office signing the contract already, as Cole doesn’t care who his challenger is. Cole defiantly went to the ring and attacked Ciampa (causing him a head wound that he would need staples for), but Ciampa got the better of him. As promised, Ciampa powerbombed him through the table and then signed the contract.
- Tegan Nox beat Dakota Kai by pinfall. At one point, Kai was about to hit Nox with a chair and Candice LeRae stopped that from happening, which caused a distraction that allowed Nox to smack Kai with the knee brace and hit her finisher for the win.
- Kayden Carter defeated Chelsea Green with a roll-up.
- The Broserweights (Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne) beat Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake and Zack Gibson) by pinfall to win the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament. They will face The Undisputed ERA for the tag team titles at TakeOver: Portland.
- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch beat The Hunt (Wild Boar and Primate) by pinfall.
- In a quick interview, Toni Storm said she failed at Worlds Collide because Kay Lee Ray is still in her head, and this needs to end.
- Eddie Dennis cut a promo about beating Trent Seven at TakeOver: Blackpool II. Seven came out to lay down a challenge for a match without turnbuckles.
- A vignette for Aoife Valkyrie promoted her debut to come in two weeks.
- Isla Dawn beat Nina Samuels by pinfall.
- Ridge Holland defeated Tyson T-Bone by pinfall.
- Imperium’s Alexander Wolfe, Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel beat Mark Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster and Dave Mastiff by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- John Morrison and The Miz earned a SmackDown Tag Team Championship shot for Super ShowDown by beating Heavy Machinery, Lucha House Party and The Revival in a Fatal 4-Way.
- Mandy Rose thanked Otis for all his help in the Royal Rumble match and he nervously took that opportunity to ask her out on a date for next Friday. She said she was busy, but she didn’t have plans the Friday after that, which is actually Valentine’s Day. It’s a date!
- Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross beat Fire & Desire by pinfall.
- Braun Strowman won the Intercontinental Championship from Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall.
- Elias got on the nerves of Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Nakamura by interrupting them while Zayn was trying to vent his frustrations in an interview. Cesaro went to the ring to fight Elias, who came out on top of the scuffle.
- Sheamus beat Shorty G by pinfall.
- Bayley’s promo about beating Lacey Evans at Royal Rumble was interrupted by Naomi. After they fought, Naomi was the one who got the better of the exchange.
- The Bloodline (Roman Reigns and The Usos) beat King Corbin, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall and then chained Corbin to the ring post and poured dog food all over him.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Joaquin Wilde beat Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
- Danny Burch beat The Brian Kendrick by disqualification due to Ariya Daivari attacking him. Kendrick and Daivari are definitely a pair, now, and they double-teamed Burch after the match until Oney Lorcan ran them off.
- Angel Garza defeated Tyler Breeze by pinfall
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Both Nikki and Brie Bella are pregnant and their due dates are only days apart.
- Injuries are ongoing for Sasha Banks, Io Shirai, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe.
- WWE co-presidents George Barrios and Michelle Wilson have left the company and WWE’s stock took a hit as a result.
- NXT UK has signed Candy Floss, Levi Muir, Dani Luna and the tag team Pretty Deadly.
- The Revival supposedly requested their release from WWE yet again and even turned down an offer of $700k to stay.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!