Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- The O.C. defeated Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
- Cedric Alexander defeated Shelton Benjamin
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Randy Orton started the show with a promo, but wasn’t able to get out the words to explain why he attacked Edge last week.
- Liv Morgan beat Lana by pinfall in pretty much a carbon copy of their previous match. Afterward, Ruby Riott returned and attacked Morgan.
- Drew McIntyre squashed Mojo Rawley with a claymore, completely writing him off as any potential threat.
- Six-Man Tag Team Elimination Match: Buddy Murphy and AOP defeated Kevin Owens and The Viking Raiders. Owens fought back with a 3-1 advantage, but ultimately lost to Rezar.
- Aleister Black defeated Eric Young by pinfall. Following the match, Black reiterated that he’s now the one who will pick fights and he’ll cast the locker room in a shadow from the Black Mass.
- Angel Garza, on behalf of Zelina Vega, got revenge on Humberto Carrillo for what he did to Andrade. Rey Mysterio came out to help and that led to a match between Garza and Mysterio. That match ended when Garza gave Mysterio a DDT on the exposed concrete.
- Charlotte Flair’s promo was interrupted by Rhea Ripley, who offered the idea that since she hasn’t beaten Ripley, but Ripley beat her at Survivor Series, Flair should challenge her for WrestleMania.
- Asuka beat Natalya by submission and then cut a promo about wanting a rematch against Becky Lynch, who came out with a lot of bravado and accepted. They will fight next week on Raw.
- Ricochet beat Bobby Lashley and Seth Rollins in a Triple Threat match to become the No. 1 contender. He will face Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at Super ShowDown. As a result, Lesnar came out and attacked him to end the show.
- The Broserweights kicked off the show on a tricked-out cart they’ve dubbed The Broserweightmobile. The Undisputed ERA were ready for a fight, but opted not to, even after Matt Riddle kept toying with them by asking how many fish Bobby Fish could fry if Bobby Fish could fry fish.
- Angel Garza beat Isaiah “Swerve” Scott by pinfall.
- Throughout the night, The Undisputed ERA bullied some people backstage, including Kushida and Bronson Reed, all in the attempt to find Tommaso Ciampa. Ciampa eventually got the jump on them, though, and after a brawl ensued, William Regal booked a six-man tag team match for the main event.
- Dominik Dijakovic beat Killian Dain by pinfall. Dijakovic will face Keith Lee for the North American Championship at TakeOver: Portland. The two shook hands.
- Finn Balor and Johnny Gargano had a video promo exchange to hype their TakeOver match.
- Mercedes Martinez beat Kacy Catanzaro by pinfall.
- Jordan Devlin beat Tyler Breeze by pinfall.
- Bianca Belair, Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley had a verbal exchange, all touting themselves and their future prospers. Flair drew the ire of Belair by saying she wasn’t invited in a conversation for champions between herself and Ripley. In a unified moment of “we are NXT”, Belair and Ripley teamed up to flatten Flair, but as Belair has her sights on TakeOver, there’s no camaraderie between the two beyond that point.
- Tommaso Ciampa, Pete Dunne and Matt Riddle beat The Undisputed ERA by pinfall after Roderick Strong interfered. In a post-match beating, they were saved by Velveteen Dream making his return.
- Piper Niven beat Dani Luna (who was recently signed to a WWE contract) by pinfall.
- Tyler Bate defeated A-Kid by pinfall. After the match, Joseph Conners came out to lament how Bate gets all the attention while he’s yet to prove that he’s TakeOver-worthy.
- After the show last week, Dave Mastiff was on the lookout for WALTER.
- Oliver Carter and Ashton Smith beat Pretty Deadly (Lewis Howley and Sam Stoker, who have also signed new WWE contracts) by pinfall.
- Earlier this week, Ilja Dragunov addressed Joe Coffey saying his days are numbered. He doesn’t seem too bothered by it.
- Kay Lee Ray and Toni Storm will fight in an I Quit Match for the NXT UK Women’s Championship. If Storm loses, she’ll never be able to challenge for the title again so long as KLR is champion.
- Trent Seven defeated Eddie Dennis in a Steel Corners Street Fight by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The Dirt Sheet was a parody of the film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- The Usos beat Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall.
- Elias beat Cesaro by pinfall.
- Goldberg and Bray Wyatt will fight for the Universal Championship at Super ShowDown.
- King Corbin and Roman Reigns will fight in a steel cage match at Super ShowDown.
- Heath Slater’s attempt to check up on Daniel Bryan inadvertently upset him, so Bryan challenged him to match. Bryan had a one-sided match that he won by submission.
- Braun Strowman was jumped by The Revival at the behest of Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura. The four-on-one assault that interrupted Strowman’s interview left The Monster Among Men open for a kinshasa.
- Sheamus beat Apollo Crews by pinfall. Shorty G came out but quickly took a Brogue Kick for his efforts.
- Carmella won the Fatal 4-Way (also featuring Alexa Bliss, Dana Brooke and Naomi) to earn a title shot against Bayley for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Bayley attacked Carmella after the match.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Ariya Daivari and The Brian Kendrick defeated Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan by disqualification due to Lorcan brandishing a steel chair. They planned to put them through a table, too, but Daivari and Kendrick got away.
- The Singh Brothers defeated Joe Furrer and Devon Dixie by pinfall.
- Jordan Devlin defeated Tony Nese and Lio Rush in a Triple Threat match.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- There seems to be a dispute going on between WWE and EC3 over the trademark to his name. He owns the trademark and WWE was seemingly trying to own it, but have given up. Who knows what this means for his future in the company
- WWE has signed Aja Perera to a contract for a referee spot in NXT. She will effectively replace Jessika Carr after her transition to the main roster.
- Triple H supposedly has made it his mission to sign Kazuchika Okada to WWE once his contract expires.
- Rusev is being kept off television while they sort out his contract situation, if he does re-sign.
- Tommaso Ciampa suffered an injury on this week’s NXT. It is unclear how that will affect TakeOver: Portland.
- Taynara Conti reportedly walked out of the company after a financial dispute.
- Buddy Murphy is the latest victim in WWE’s random fascination with removing someone’s name. He is now referred to as just Murphy on the Superstars page. This is the second time WWE removed “Buddy” from his name, only to have restored it before. Who knows if/when he’ll get his first name back this time.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!