Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- No Way Jose defeated Eric Young
- Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- The first 13 minutes was just a same-old/same-old promo with the participants of the eight-man tag team match for the main event. It served no purpose but to remind everyone that match was happening and to kill time.
- Becky Lynch beat Asuka by pinfall to retain the Raw Women’s Championship. After the match, Shayna Baszler attacked Lynch and bit her neck. Lynch went off in an ambulance (that she insisted on driving herself) and later in the night, came back to cut a promo about how she was now looking for Baszler.
- The Street Profits beat Mojo Rawley and Riddick Moss by pinfall in short fashion. Then, Moss turned on Rawley and rolled him up to win the 24/7 Championship.
- MVP hosted The VIP Lounge with his guest, Drew McIntyre. MVP said McIntyre doesn’t have what it takes to be champion without someone like him giving him guidance. As McIntyre doesn’t need an advocate, he laid out MVP with a Claymore.
- Angel Garza (who was momentarily attacked by Humberto Carrillo before the match started) beat Cedric Alexander by pinfall.
- Sarah Logan took offense to Rhea Ripley being on Raw, but Ripley beat Logan in a decisive match by pinfall. Charlotte Flair then expressed her concerns that even if she wants to face Ripley for the title, she may not have it after TakeOver: Portland.
- Ricochet beat Bobby Lashley by pinfall.
- Randy Orton’s promo about Edge was interrupted by Matt Hardy, who discussed how he once hated Edge, but those feelings went away. Orton then RKO’d Hardy and gave him a con-chair-to, which seems to have written Hardy out of WWE.
- Aleister Black defeated Akira Tozawa by pinfall and then cut another promo about how people should be afraid of him.
- Seth Rollins, Murphy and AOP beat Kevin Owens, The Viking Raiders and Samoa Joe by pinfall.
- Roderick Strong beat Bronson Reed by pinfall. Velveteen Dream then showed up on the TitanTron after the match to taunt Strong and say that he’d take care of Marina Shafir’s needs once he makes sure Strong isn’t able to.
- A running gag for the night was The BroserWeights searching for a way to get to Portland, which culminated in Matt Riddle’s idea being to stow away on Triple H’s private jet.
- Dakota Kai beat Candice LeRae by pinfall. Kai used the ring bell post-match to attack LeRae some more until Tegan Nox came out. They fought and then were separated.
- Johnny Gargano beat Cameron Grimes by submission.
- Lio Rush defeated Angel Garza by pinfall to earn a title shot against Jordan Devlin next week for the Cruiserweight Championship.
- Bianca Belair quickly beat Santana Garrett by pinfall and then laid out Rhea Ripley as a display of power while she gains momentum for TakeOver.
- Adam Cole beat Kushida by pinfall. Cole and Tommaso Ciampa had a stare down to end the show.
- Aoife Valkyrie defeated Amale by pinfall.
- Dave Mastiff defeated Saxon Huxley by pinfall.
- Toni Storm signed the contract for the I Quit match for the NXT UK Women’s Championship.
- Grizzled Young Veterans cut a promo about how everyone needs to recognize their value.
- Joe Coffey defeated Amir Jordan by pinfall.
- Gallus defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- A Moment of Bliss started the show which had Carmella and Bayley talking trash to each other. That led to their title match, wherein Bayley retained by pinfall after having her feet on the ropes. Bayley attacked Carmella after the match and Naomi came out after that. Naomi and Carmella took out Bayley. Both are looking to get another shot at the title and will fight next week to determine who challenges Bayley at Super ShowDown.
- Sheamus beat Apollo Crews and Shorty G by pinfall in a handicap match.
- Hulk Hogan was live via satellite and spoke about nWo getting inducted into the Hall of Fame, as well as Goldberg fighting The Fiend at Super ShowDown. Bray Wyatt interrupted with an nWo parody edition of Firefly Fun House to threaten Hogan.
- Cesaro (with a cow bell) and Sami Zayn (with ukulele) tried to do their own Elias shtick, but Elias interrupted them. Eventually, they started fighting and Braun Strowman backed up Elias. They stood tall after taking out Zayn, Cesaro and their security goons.
- By the time Otis showed up for his date with Mandy Rose, she was sitting down with Dolph Ziggler, so he tossed her flowers on the ground and left.
- Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan beat The Miz and John Morrison by pinfall. King Corbin hit Reigns with his scepter after the match to end the show.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated The Singh Brothers by pinfall. After the match, Samir and Sunil Singh attacked Lorcan and Burch from behind while The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari distracted them. The Singh Brothers left while Kendrick and Daivari continued to wail on Burch and Lorcan with steel chairs.
- Tony Nese and Mike Kanellis defeated The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari by pinfall due to a distraction from Burch and Lorcan coming back down the ramp. After the match, Lorcan and Burch attacked Kendrick and Daivari with chairs as retaliation from earlier. Next week, Lorcan and Burch will face Kendrick and Daivari in a No Disqualification match.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- The Rock’s daughter, Simone Johnson, signed a WWE contract and has reported officially to the WWE Performance Center.
- WrestleMania 2021 will take place at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
- Jushin “Thunder” Liger and The Bella Twins are rumored to be inductees in the Hall of Fame next year.
- Cathy Kelley will leave WWE after TakeOver: Portland.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!