Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder defeated Shelton Benjamin and Eric Young
- Cedric Alexander defeated Akira Tozawa
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- After a promo about how Matt Hardy wouldn’t be cleared to compete and Hardy saying he’s still there to fight and won’t let Randy Orton choose how his career ends, The Viper struck Hardy again. Orton gave him an RKO, beat on him with a chair and then placed Hardy’s head on the steps and twice slammed the chair on top of his skull, all while claiming he’s sorry and that he had always respected Hardy and loved Edge like a brother.
- Aleister Black defeated Erick Rowan by pinfall.
- Charlotte Flair cut a promo about how Rhea Ripley and the current class of NXT stars are entitled and don’t give enough respect to people like her, who built the foundation they reap the benefits of.
- Riddick Moss retained the 24/7 Championship over R-Truth and Mojo Rawley in a Triple Threat match.
- After a promo segment with Drew McIntyre and Paul Heyman, MVP came out to pick a fight and get payback for McIntyre giving him a Claymore on the VIP Lounge segment. McIntyre beat MVP by pinfall.
- Becky Lynch threw money in the ring as a down payment for all the fines she’s going to get when she finds Shayna Baszler. Everyone else she’s beaten was because she had to, but Baszler is someone she wants to go through. Baszler appeared on the screen to say she’ll win the Elimination Chamber as her experience in a cage makes it perfect for her. Then, she’ll tear the living shit out of Becky, because she didn’t even plan on biting her last week, so imagine what she does have planned. Becky said she’ll be rooting for her and watching closely.
- Angel Garza and Bobby Lashley defeated Humberto Carrillo and Rusev by pinfall. Garza pinned Rusev and held his tights.
- Kairi Sane defeated Natalya by count-out due to Asuka’s interference.
- Seth Rollins had a sermon about how anyone who doesn’t follow his divine word will be taken out. The Viking Raiders attacked. Kevin Owens then hit Rollins with a stunner.
- The O.C. talked up AJ Styles as the best of all time and the new Mr. WrestleMania. Ricochet came out for a fight with Styles, but Karl Anderson chose to take him on, instead. Ricochet defeated Karl Anderson by pinfall.
- Six-Man Tag Team Match: Kevin Owens and The Viking Raiders defeated Murphy and AOP by disqualification due to interference from Rollins. The Street Profits made the save afterward.
- Jordan Devlin retained the Cruiserweight Championship over Lio Rush by pinfall.
- Raquel Gonzalez explained that she helped out Dakota Kai at TakeOver because she’s also been passed over for opportunities just like Kai was for WarGames.
- Austin Theory came out for a match, but before his opponent was established, Tommaso Ciampa interrupted to use that time for a promo. Ciampa spoke on how he and Johnny Gargano fighting each other is always tied to the title. Theory went after Ciampa, who dropped him and sent him flying into the barricades multiple times.
- Grizzled Young Veterans defeated Joaquin Wilde and Raul Mendoza by pinfall.
- The BroserWeights beat Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan by pinfall.
- Kona Reeves interrupted a promo from Keith Lee. Lee took out Reeves and then immediately beat him by pinfall. Dominik Dijakovic came out to say he wants another shot at the North American title. Lee told him to talk to William Regal and they could fight forever.
- Chelsea Green defeated Kayden Carter by pinfall.
- Velveteen Dream beat Roderick Strong by pinfall. The Undisputed ERA took out Dream after the match.
- Tyler Bate defeated Joseph Conners by pinfall.
- Jinny cut a promo on how she doesn’t tolerate disobedience, which is why she got rid of Jazzy Gabert.
- Noam Dar defeated Josh Morrell by pinfall.
- Ilja Dragunov defeated Joe Coffey by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- The Usos and The New Day beat John Morrison, The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode by pinfall.
- Tucker expressed his disappointment in Mandy Rose for how the date with Otis went last week. She didn’t know what he meant by the text that he had received from her about running late and she was looking forward to their date. Sonya Deville pointed out that Dolph Ziggler is more her type anyway.
- Renee Young interviewed Lacey Evans about how she had a change of heart and stopped being a bully.
- Braun Strowman and Elias defeated Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall in a Symphony of Destruction match.
- On A Moment of Bliss, The Bella Twins confirmed they will be going into the Hall of Fame, spoke on their pregnancies and thanked the WWE Universe.
- Daniel Bryan beat Heath Slater by pinfall.
- Sheamus will enter the Elimination Chamber match and exterminate the rest of the rats on SmackDown.
- Naomi beat Carmella by pinfall to earn a title shot for Super ShowDown.
- Goldberg speared The Fiend, who then retreated.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Raul Mendoza defeated Joaquin Wilde by pinfall.
- Tyler Breeze defeated Samir Singh by pinfall.
- Next week, Tony Nese will pick a team of 205 Live originals to face Lio Rush and his team of NXT cruiserweights in a 10-man tag team match.
- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch defeated The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari in a No Disqualification Match
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!