Welcome to another edition of WWE Recap Report — a breakdown of the biggest takeaways of the week from WWE for those who may have missed out.
Whether you need to catch up on a show, had too busy of a week to stay on top of the news or just skipped out on WWE as a whole, I’ve got you covered.
Obviously, not every single thing will be recapped here in detail. But this is your TL;DR of the week to be caught up to speed before the next Monday Night Raw so you’re not left in the dark.
With that being said, here is a quick rundown of this week in WWE.
WWE MAIN EVENT
- Aleister Black defeated Leon Ruff.
- Angelo Dawkins defeated Murphy.
WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW
- Edge cut a promo on how Beth Phoenix was originally going to retire for him, but Randy Orton didn’t let her finish. Now, Edge is going to take the grit he learned from Mick Foley and destroy Orton in a Last Man Standing match at WrestleMania.
- A rerun of Drew McIntyre’s Royal Rumble win was played.
- In a contract signing, AJ Styles talked some more trash about how he’s going to put Undertaker down at WrestleMania. He then sent Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson to the ring with the contract and The Phenom took them out.
- Rey Mysterio defeated Andrade by pinfall.
- Becky Lynch cut a promo on Shayna Baszler and how she’s going to beat her at WrestleMania.
- Kevin Owens cut a promo on how fighting Seth Rollins in the Performance Center will be symbolic of proving people like The Monday Night Messiah wrong that he deserves to be here.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin told some jokes about 3:16 Day. Byron Saxton kept giving him points via score cards. Austin brought Saxton into the ring for a toast and gave him a stunner. Becky Lynch came out to celebrate, too.
- This episode was entirely just three video packages highlighting the backstories and feuds between Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa, Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair and Finn Balor’s experience in NXT.
- Kay Lee Ray defeated Dani Luna by pinfall. After the match, Ray continued to beat down Luna until Piper Niven made the save.
- Tyler Bate approached Johnny Saint and Sid Scala about wanting a match with Finn Balor. They put a pin in that and informed Bate that he’d be in a 20-man battle royal to determine who will be WALTER’s next challenger for the NXT UK Championship.
- Nina Samuels has it out for Aoife Valkyrie.
- Ridge Holland defeated Joseph Conners by pinfall.
- Mark Andrews was attacked backstage.
- Kassius Ohno defeated Kenny Williams by submission.
- A-Kid challenged Noam Dar to a match next week.
- Travis Banks will face Jordan Devlin for the NXT Cruiserweight Championship next week (proving that all of these tapings are going out of order as this stuff is skipping 4 other matches).
- Gallus defeated Dave Mastiff, Flash Morgan Webster and Trent Seven by pinfall.
WWE FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
- Mojo Rawley and Rob Gronkowski celebrated how WrestleMania will be hosted by Gronk this year. King Corbin came out to talk some trash and threaten Gronk. Elias interrupted and sang about how Corbin sucks. Gronk pushed Corbin, then Elias threw the King of the Ring out of the ring. Gronk then said that while he can’t officially make matches, he’s going to get Elias vs. Corbin booked for WrestleMania.
- Daniel Bryan and Drew Gulak beat Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura by pinfall, to which Sami Zayn was furious. Zayn maintained that Bryan’s making a mistake listening to Gulak instead of Zayn’s own wise words. Bryan challenged him to an Intercontinental Championship match for WrestleMania and Zayn agreed, but on the condition that Gulak beats Nakamura next week.
- Paige appeared on Skype and was immediately interrupted by Bayley and Sasha Banks. After they said they would be skipping WrestleMania and going straight to the Hall of Fame because Bayley’s beaten everyone, Paige announced Bayley’s title match for Mania will be a Six Pack Challenge. This elimination match will feature Bayley against Lacey Evans, Dana Brooke, Tamina, Naomi and Sasha Banks.
- They replayed Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena from WrestleMania XXX.
- On The Dirt Sheet, John Morrison and The Miz made fun of The New Day, The Usos and Heavy Machinery.
- The Miz and John Morrison beat Heavy Machinery by disqualification after Otis used a chair on them. He did this because Dolph Ziggler was ringside and kept teasing him about Mandy Rose, so he snapped. Next week, The New Day will face The Usos and the winning team will get a tag title shot at WrestleMania.
- For their contract signing, Goldberg said he was hoping Roman Reigns would be his challenger. Reigns pointed out that all the legends he’s fought (John Cena, Undertaker, etc) have lost to him and Goldberg won’t be anything different. He then called him a little bitch bulldog that is holding a title he never earned. Goldberg said Reigns was going to be his next victim and they stared each other down to end the show.
WWE 205 LIVE
- Danny Burch defeated Joaquin Wilde by submission.
- Isaiah “Swerve” Scott defeated Oney Lorcan by pinfall.
NEWS, RUMORS AND MISCELLANEOUS OTHER INFORMATION
- Rob Gronkowski will host WrestleMania this year and the event will be split over two nights, taking place April 4th and April 5th.
- Matt Hardy and Luke Harper (now back to his former ring name Brodie Lee) made their debuts for AEW on this week’s Dynamite, putting to rest any thoughts that they’d be back in WWE for the very few doubters out there.
- Jeff Hardy confirmed that he will be going back to his No More Words theme.
What were your big takeaways from this week? Tell everyone your thoughts on this past week in WWE by leaving a comment below!